PDA

View Full Version : shipping frags

smokinreefer
11/13/2000, 07:26 PM
well ive finally met a fellow hobbyist across country who is willing to trade frags :) now the only problem is that neither one of us has any experience shipping frags :(
can any of you guys help us out as to the best method of shipping and packing frags?
any and all suggestions would be great. TIA

Greg Hiller
11/14/2000, 12:46 PM
I've had very good luck just floating the frags with pieces of styrofoam rubberbanded to the rock. Enough water to cover the frag, and some room air in the headspace. Put them into an insulated shipping box and overnight them. People tell me that you can use 2 day shipping for some corals if you use pure oxygen in the headspace, but this is much more risky (the two day shipping part), and really depends on the particular coral (i.e. slimer, sensitive to RTN, etc).

Good luck,

YZ
11/16/2000, 11:45 AM
Greg's method's good, use USPS though (not UPS) and do it on monday or tuesday at the lastest. Don't ship after tues. I shipped fish before to an ajoining state priority, not even express, on monday and they were there the next day. But I have also shipped fish Express to georgia from midwest on thurs (was guarenteed next day by noon) and they didn't get there til Saturday.

smokinreefer
11/16/2000, 08:28 PM
well i would use USPS... but i dont think theyd like it if i asked them to come up into CANADA! heh heh