PDA

View Full Version : June 20th Road Trip, all BARE members invited

dsb1829
06/14/2002, 04:42 PM
Okay, so I am getting things all wrapped up for our road trip with Anthony Calfo. A few people are still up in the air as far as scheduling.

Here is my tentative schedule for the day:

9:00am - Pick up Anthony and meet anyone who would like to join us. I think he is staying in Pleasanton.

10:00ish - Revised, probably will head north instead and see the Aquarium in Concord, and SuperPet Warehouse

12:00 - Revised Hyacynth in San Jose

1:00 - Lunch

2:00 - Aquarium Concepts in Hayward

3:00 - Tropical Paradise, San Leandro

5:00-5:30 - arrive in Pleasanton and grab some dinner

Depending on how tight we can stick to the schedule we may be able to squeeze a trip up to the Concord Aquarium, but not holding my breath on that. Tank talk always runs over.

Please e-mail me or reply to this thread if you would like to join us. This invitation is open to anyone in the Bay Area that has the day off and wants to tag along. I think I will be driving our blazer, which seats four comfortably. So I have an extra seat still. Others would need to form a caravan :D in another car.

Anthony Calfo
06/14/2002, 05:13 PM
Doug/BARE... thanks bigtime for your efforts and hospitality... the day trip looks great! Very much looking forward to it. I better stock up on film and lozengers:D

kindly,

Anthony Calfo

TheMandarinFish
06/14/2002, 05:59 PM
I hope the bio that I put on bareonline.org is accurate.

It sounded like you - I got it from another site.

Let me know if it needs any changes, please.

I look forward to meeting you. Aquaculture is a huge interest for me.

-Jake

Anthony Calfo
06/14/2002, 08:18 PM
Jake,

Thanks kindly for posting the bio.

And the look of the new site is great. I'll be sure to check in and watch it develop!

If the club is interested in some articles to post/archive... I can pass some along. I'll be able to sort some for you after this weekend. In the meantime, you are welcome to use a simple article on acclimating symbiotic corals/anemones that I have posted on WWM at http://www.wetwebmedia.com/acclimcoralslight.htm

Please just be sure to credit Bob Fenner for the pictures and his site as the original host/publication (www.wetwebmedia.com)

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well. If you seriously have some questions about aquacuture, write them down, bring them along and don't be shy! If we don't have time to chat at the meeting, then during the day trip before, in the bar at the Sheraton after the meeting or even during the roadtrip to MARS the next day. I love chatting/sharing/helping out sincere friends and followers of empathetic aquarium science.

Best regards to all,

Anthony Calfo

B@dfish
06/15/2002, 09:14 PM
Although I am not a member yet I plan on joining Thursday night. I would like to tag along on the road trip, it sounds like a blast. I have a 4door contour. My girlfriend may accompany me if she can get out of class.

I just received my copy of Anthony's book. If you don't already have it you should order it, it is good stuff.

dsb1829
06/17/2002, 05:56 PM
b@dfish,

We will meet in Pleasanton at the same hotel as the meeting that evening. If your GF isn't able to make it we can actually pile into one car. Your's or mine to be determined by comfort :D ;) :p

Drop me an e-mail if you need more info. brummettd@oxfordxtg.com

dsb1829
06/18/2002, 02:59 PM
Well, got word yesterday that Tubs is going to be stuck at work :(

Too bad, I always like visiting his tanks.

I still need to talk with Newkie and see if he is up for a tour, but I will be talking to him this afternoon at some point.

Other plans still stand.

ttt...

dsb1829
06/18/2002, 11:31 PM
No Newkie either :(

He doesn't want to show his tank in the state it is. He just got back from vacation and everything that could go wrong with his tank did. He has lost several colonies and just isn't up to showing his dissaster :( .

So one tank in Santa Cruz, one tank in Milpitas, and some fish stores will just have to do :D . I am sure that will keep us pretty busy anyways. Time will run short towards the end.

ttt...