PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using skimmers on Eclipse 12 hood?

bigduke
06/14/2002, 11:36 AM
I'm new to this nano thing, but after having to break down my 100 I've decided to set up a 12 gal eclipse. It's stocked with 3" of live sand and plenty of live rock pulled from my old tank. I've been running the tank for a week and notice all the crap on the surface. I need to pick up a small powerhead to supplement water movement and I'll aim this up to break it up a little. Would a skimmer help in a tank this small? Prizm maybe? How many people us skimmers in nano's? From my reading it's mainly water changes done weekly.
So is there anyone other there who has modified their hood to fit a skimmer who could show some pictures and comment on performance?
Thanks
-Dan

Physh1
06/14/2002, 09:46 PM
IMO a skimmer on the smaller tank can be more than needed. It is also not a real great fit. It you don't want to sacrifice the look of a clean system a surface skimmer attachment like the one from Hagen may fix your problem. It replaces the pickup tube and skims of the top of the water surface. All that gunk gets filtered into the pad. If you want to see this attachment I have one on my 7 nano.....go to the link here http://www.californiareefs.com/surfaceskimmer7reef.htm

Cameron