PDA

View Full Version : No more free shipping with Liveaquaria. Let's shop around, post here!!

Mr James
09/16/2006, 04:17 PM
Quote from the Vendor Experiences Forum: Due to the drastic increases in fuel prices that have affected both the cost of shipping and packaging costs we must finally end our Free Shipping promotion on orders over $225.00 at midnight August 31st, 2006. Please visit LiveAquaria.com for the most comprehensive selection of the aquatic life, all backed by our Arrive Alive, Stay Alive™, Risk-Free Guarantee. Place your order today and save!

Link: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=922565

I say, lets's look around and see who else can get us some free shipping. Looks like Griffing and I got in right under the deadline!!

TheGriffin
09/16/2006, 09:50 PM
I have ordered from Saltwaterfish.com and they were pretty good. However, their inventory is usually limited. They still seem to have free shippping over $75.

They dont seem to have your CBB so it wont be much help it looks.

IslandCrow
09/17/2006, 11:16 PM
Found one. . .well, I found one if you can get a $200 order together. Actually, I found two, but the other one requires a $500 order before you get free shipping. Of course, they don't have the goby I was looking for. They do have GSMs, but I'd have to check to see if they're captive bred, especially since they're a little expensive for an online place (cheap enough if there's free shipping, though). You're CBB will run you $30-$65 by the way (doesn't specify region). Anyway, here's the place. I'm afraid I really don't know anything about them:

Coral Reef Farm (http://www.coralreeffarm.com/shipping.php)

IslandCrow
09/17/2006, 11:22 PM
By the way, is that $35 for shipping any sized order up to $225 at Live Aquaria. If that's so, it may not be too bad if you get enough people in on the order. If that's the case, it seems like even 2 or 3 people would be a lower total price than you're going to find at any LFS. Of course, they still don't have my fish.:mad2:

Mr James
09/18/2006, 08:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8168198#post8168198 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IslandCrow
By the way, is that $35 for shipping any sized order up to $225 at Live Aquaria. If that's so, it may not be too bad if you get enough people in on the order. If that's the case, it seems like even 2 or 3 people would be a lower total price than you're going to find at any LFS. Of course, they still don't have my fish.:mad2:

I can only get one concrete response (you), so trying for 3 or 4 is out. I'll look into the shipping and get back with you Mike. How long did you stay at the Gulfarium on Saturday??

IslandCrow
09/18/2006, 09:51 PM
I think I just stayed maybe another hour. I started cleaning some of those splash guards on the lights. I'm surprised any light was still getting through some of them. I think I need to go in there and just help clean up a bit. I'm usually not a very anal person, but other than cutting down on their already sparse lighting, all that salt creep is going to start corroding all of their equipment. Anyway, I'm kind of excited about helping out a bit. It sounds like you and Chris have come up with some really good ideas for the place.

Mr James
09/19/2006, 10:44 PM
I'm heading back there on Friday some time after lunch if you want to hook up out there. I am going to help get things ready for the meeting.