PDA

View Full Version : What are you bringing to June's meeting?

Aquariust
06/13/2002, 08:57 PM
Subject says it all folks:)

EdBurhop
06/14/2002, 09:37 AM
Well, not much for this month folks. However, I have a Galaxia that was great when I got it 3 months ago and now about half the polyps are dead. I have tried it everywhere in the tank and it still is having problems. I think this one might need metal halides.
Anyone want to give it a good home? I would like something for it, but just want to see if someone can get it to survive. Everything else in my tank looks fantastic........

Ed

forbze16
06/14/2002, 09:48 AM
Let's see-

Caulastrea frag for Malcolm (I owe him)

I can bring:
Blue shroom- unattached (one or two)
Green striped shroom(I think)- attached
And maybe a 2nd Caulastrea frag if I can get a branch or two seperated from the colony.

Not sure what I'm looking for yet. 29 is kind of full- but I can always make room since I'll be upgrading by the end of the summer.
Dave

miktrav
06/15/2002, 12:03 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the group and I don't have anything to contribute as of yet. My tank was started about 6 months ago and I've only got a small population of inhabitants. I've got a few heads of Pulsing Xenia, 2 Kenya Tree Corals, Brown BUtton Polyps, a small rock of Star Polyps, a Green Mushroom Rock, a frogspawn which I just purchase from Steve aka Bajathree, and orange Montipora also from Steve which opened right away.

I'd appreciate it if there was someone who had any small frags or rocks of Colorful polyps or shrooms that I could start off with and grow. Anything as long as it's not green and won't conflict with the current inhabitants of my tank.

Thanks,

Mike

EdBurhop
06/15/2002, 10:17 AM
I would love one of the blue shrooms, but I have nothing to trade. I could bring a bag of Tang heaven red if you want.

ed

Lago
06/15/2002, 12:43 PM
I also have nothing to contribute yet...my tank is only 6 weeks old. I was wondering if I could maybe get a cup of sand or so from a few poeple to get my sand kick started. Brian already gave me a bunch about a month ago but I figure a little diversity couldn't hurt. Thanks!

miktrav
06/15/2002, 01:40 PM
Lago,

My tank is only about 6 months old but for the past 5 months it's been supporting a Mandarin and I also see plenty of tunnels along the glass so I think there's some life there. I'll chip in a cup of sand if you want it.

Mike

man1410
06/16/2002, 08:02 AM
I am very new to reefkeeping. I have 90 G with good lighting(MH+VHO). This tank is 5 months old. Still figuring out what to stock under intense lighting.
A few cups of sand from different tanks and macroalgae for the refugium would be nice. Wondering if I can get some at the meeting.

forbze16
06/16/2002, 09:02 AM
Ed- I'll grab two blue shroom frags for you. We can talk about the Tang heaven once I get the bigger tank I'm planning up and operational sometime this summer.

Lago & man1410- I'll bring a cup of Sand for you as well.

~Dave

EdBurhop
06/16/2002, 02:15 PM
I will bring two cups of sand from my refugium. I will owe you for the schrooms. How big of a tank are you planning? Just curious.

Ed

forbze16
06/16/2002, 05:44 PM
The plan right now seems to fall into the 75 gallon, maybe 90. The 4 inches might be worth the added expense and with the IceCap sale I hopefully can get the 150 HQI ballast that will work for both. Sunlight Supply has the new pendants, so it should work out.

Then I can decide about the 4 inches. But late summer early fall seems to be the target. Just collecting stuff slowly now.

Dave

BORECKI
06/16/2002, 08:24 PM
I don't have much other than live sand from my refugium to bring this meeting. plus some UN-mounted arco frags that my tang makes for me.
aquariust ; John, I'm thinking of returning the encrusting gorgonian to you. It's not doing any better in my tank than it was in yours:(
Nagal ; Are you comming to the meeting?? I owe you a bulb.
Boris.

Aquariust
06/16/2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BORECKI
plus some UN-mounted arco frags that my tang makes for me.

LOL!

OK Boris, we'll see if we can't find it a good home:)

-John

geoffgarcia
06/16/2002, 09:54 PM
I can probably snag a few strombus grazer snails if anyone wants some?

I have about 6 I could give away and they begin reproducing after a month or two (assuming nothing else finds/eats the babies)

I guess 3 people can get 2 each and then in about 3 months those 2 will have turned into about 10:)

They are tiny and cute:)

I have nothing else to trade unfortunatly. I'm thinking I'm going to need until Sept'ish till I can start fragging anything I have. Everything is tiny stillin my tank:)

But if anyone has any small frags they want to give away then I'm your man:)

EdBurhop
06/16/2002, 10:38 PM
Bring the strombus grazers. I will take some. I have a new 55 gallon refugium in the basement!!

Ed

forbze16
06/17/2002, 09:49 AM
Ok, adding to the list:

Small (tiny) Green Star Polyp frag- attached. Found them wandering in my tank.

And also my brother can frag his Brown Montipora (2 small frags) if anyone is interested- he won't be able to attend but I'll bring them.

~Dave

Lago
06/17/2002, 11:02 AM
Geoff...I'll take a couple of snails if available. Thanks.

geoffgarcia
06/17/2002, 08:39 PM
Lago and Ed, I'll bring you guys each a few:)

oh!
I also have something that looks like feathers. Its some type of algae no doubt. Green plant looking thing that sends out runners, grows rather quickly. The leaves look just like feathers and stick right up out of the stem which runs along the ground.

I can probably bring a little bit (I have a tiny tank) enough for 1 or 2 people to each have 4-5 leaves+stems. (again no idea what this stuff is)

Oh! I almost forgot! I've got all kinds of algae in my tank! So if you get anything from me, there is a possibility you'll get an assortment of algaes. Right now I'm breeding hair algae, red algae, filamentous algae, cyano and a few others:)
Kinda sucks:)

miktrav
06/17/2002, 09:21 PM
Geoff,

I think its a type of Culerpa (sp?). I used to see it when I live in the Virgin Islands.

Mike

miktrav
06/17/2002, 09:31 PM
Hey dave,

I'd like to take one of the frags of the Brown Monti if no one has claimed them yet. I don't have anything to return right now but my xenia is splitting and dropping little shoots and I've just put in a 2 frags of blue tip and green tip staghorn. In six months I may be able to contribute a bit more than sand if things go well.

Question for the group. Is it OK if I do half the tank softies and LPS and the other half SPS? My wife doesn't want me to get a larger tank until she's sure I'll stick with it and I can't blame her with the price they quoted for a 125 setup.

Mike

forbze16
06/18/2002, 07:59 AM
Miktrav,

No sweat. I'll be collecting from his tank. It will be unattached since we are out of rubble.

The answer is yes, you can have a mixed tank. I do. I have a tree coral (Capnella), Frogspawn, Sarcaphyton leather, Xenia, and a frag of the Montipora- all living together now in a 29. Just make sure to pay attention to how they act/ react and move them accordingly.

Dave

miktrav
06/18/2002, 06:21 PM
Thanks Dave.

Mike

EdBurhop
06/19/2002, 08:59 AM
I started a new refugium in the basement.
I am bringing to cups of sand from my old one for people.
Anyone who can bring me a cup of sand, I would appreciate it....

I found out something the other night. Be careful when adding buffer to your system. Trying to raise the Carbonate alkalinity last night and went a little too far... oh well. Everything seems ok...

Damn Zenia still not pulsing, must have the wrong kind..

Ed

Fazm79
06/19/2002, 09:47 AM
I have caulerpa, algae, shrooms, polyps (button, star, encrusting gargonian), and pulsing xenia if anyone is interested. Im looking for any type of SPS coral, or colorful softies. Also any inverts to add to the diversity of my sandbed. GEO I'll take some strombus if any are still available.

Bio
06/19/2002, 09:56 AM
I'll have my new 180 up and running soon but for now just offering the following...

http://www.biochemist.com/images/unmounted.jpghttp://www.biochemist.com/images/mountedfrag.jpg

Unmounted or mounted ?

You Choose....

:D :cool: :smokin: :p :D :smokin:

jimroth
06/19/2002, 12:54 PM
Aquariust: I think I may have given you plain green star polyps rather that metallic. I'm going to bring you some of the metallic GSP to try.

I'm bringing GSP for other people too, some yellow polyps, more @#$$% xenia. The odd mushroom.

Also orange montipora, green montipora, and just a bit of green Bali stag AKA the slimer. Couple other small acros if I can get up the nerve to frag.

Does anyone want brand-new small 12V computer fans? I picked up a few at work that were being tossed out.

Fazm79
06/19/2002, 01:11 PM
Jim Id love to try some of that green bali stag. I'll also trade you my xenia for yours =P

EdBurhop
06/19/2002, 01:54 PM
If it is really pulsing Xenia, I will take some. My stuff won't pulse, even at high alkalinity....

Ed

forbze16
06/19/2002, 03:22 PM
Ed you want the Pom Pom, or Red Sea Xenia. We have some but not enough to frag yet. Maybe next meeting. It spreads pretty quickly. Its the kind that pulses relgiously.

Jim- I have a caulastrea frag if your interested. I owe you for the mushroom leather you gave me back at Tracey's place, or we can trade for some orange monti.

Dave

jimroth
06/19/2002, 06:45 PM
Dave: Cool, I've never had any Caulastrea!
Faisal: There won't be very much of the stag, lookin' to trade for acros...
Ed: It pulses for me, anyway. Have your tried adding lugol's solution? Works for some people.

Fazm79
06/19/2002, 06:55 PM
Jim I understand ... what kind of acros are you looking for??

Aquariust
06/19/2002, 08:35 PM
Hey Jim, I'll take the fans if no one wants them, especially if they're getting thrown away:D Hey Jim, I'll take the GSP, but I can tell you the first batch was the plain ones. The GSP you just gave me last month are definately metallic, bc they still are metallic! If you have any extra yellow polyops I'll take them off your hands.

Bio, I'll take 1 unmounted:)

Hey Mike, who quoted you the price?

Anyways, I'll be bringing:

-unmounted pink capanella frags
-mounted green button polyops
-possibly mounted shrooms

Sorry, I'd have more, but I'm in the process of moving, and the new place needs some renevations.

I also had a little problem with the 55, one of my 55W PC's burnt out. I'm poor, so I had to wait a week to get a new bulb. When I got it, I noticed one of my sockets burnt up. So, I had to order a new set from online. By the time I got it all straightened out, 2 or 3 of my prized corals are showing signs of distress. Hopefully, everything will be OK. We'll see.

See ya's there,

-John

Lago
06/19/2002, 09:42 PM
If I bring some RODI water can someone check the TDS for me? I've been running it now for about a month and would like to know if it actually works!

jimroth
06/20/2002, 01:29 PM
Hey, ditto what Lago said, anybody got a TDS meter?
Fazm: Anything colorful, blue, yellow, pink. Humilis (sp) would be nice, I dunno, what have you got?

Fazm79
06/20/2002, 07:45 PM
Jim I have some green, purple, and red monti and a really nice flourescent purple acro.

jimroth
06/20/2002, 08:17 PM
I'd like to see the acro...
Breaks my heart to frag the slimer. I raised it from a pup.

Fazm79
06/20/2002, 08:58 PM
This is the best picture I could find .. but it still doesn't do it much justice.