PDA

View Full Version : future Ideas...

chess_wizard
06/13/2002, 12:30 AM
Hello every one and good evening,

Currently I am breaking down my 55g and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 7g mini-bow, all SPS oe clown/anemone tank. heres my planning specs, i'm welcome to any comments and or segjestions

7g all glass mini-bow
150 watt HQI MH with 28watt PC 03 actinics; or a 70 watt HQI
2 powerheads, pumping water through drilled holes or
a built on sump with a drilled over flow. I'm not confidant in my acrilic building skills but if i can get some assistance i will make a built on sump.
50 watt heater
~4 to 5 lbs of LR.
1 to 2" of LS
2 different branching acropora
1 plating monipora
Flame angel, or Clown

My other idea is:

7g all glass mini-bow
32 watt CSL 50/50
7-10lbs LR
1 to 2" LS
powerhead
BTA with matching clown.

These are in the thinking of stage. It will take me atleast a month if my 55g sells fast for me to purchase anything twards this tank.

tyesmithND
06/13/2002, 01:28 PM
Chess,

You will most likely get some debate going about keeping and anenome in a nano. Many say bad idea but it has been done before. My personal opinion is that it can work but the tank must be well established for the best chance of success, but I'll leave that discussion up to others. Here are my few suggestions.

If you can go with a sump it will make your life easier by increasing your tank volume, removing your heater from the main tank, and also making a refugium possible to grow some macro.

With the intense lighting you are planning on you have to remember that evaporation is going to be a big issue. A fan or two will help with the heat and the sump might make things easier as far as having to top off all the time.

Planning ahead like you are is definatly the right way to go and let us know what you decided.