PDA

View Full Version : New Bulbs again.

Sea Hunter
09/09/2006, 08:12 AM
about 2 weeks ago one of my power compact bulbs fell off my hood and went into the water and the end broke off. then about a week ago while feeding the fish my lunar wrass came up to the top real fast to grab some food and splashed one of my new 400W metal halide bulbs and cracked it enough to blow it. So I've had one of my older bulbs in there untill I could order a new one. well this morning when going to change bulbs from side to side ,just so the corals could still get some of the newer bulb till I get to order my bulbs, my other new bulb cracked. :( so this morning I put pieces of my glass cover under my bulbs so that wont ever happin again. lol.. well that was a hundred dollar lesson learned.

RhodeIslandReef
09/09/2006, 02:34 PM
Wow. Thats just some bad luck there. Sorry to hear it. I've never had a bulb crack although I did drop a brand new PC bulb right after it was shipped to me:(

aries70
09/09/2006, 04:55 PM
And I thought my Luck was Bad ;)

gary greguire
09/17/2006, 07:21 AM
how is the tank looking with the new bulbs?

Sea Hunter
09/17/2006, 11:49 AM
Looking great. Just got them in on friday eve so switched them over and yesterday was the first day that they ran. so far so good. Definatly looks a little whiter. Must be the compacts definatly needed changing.
Anyone have some cleaners for sale. I'm looking for some hermits and snails. I dont want to pay a crazy fee for shipping. lol