PDA

View Full Version : Who makes custom acrylic tanks in FL?

atf72
09/04/2006, 03:55 PM
FL Reefers,

Anyone know where I can have a custom acrylic tank made somewhere between Orlando and Panama City? I do not want to pay freight and would rather have it built locally so I can make a road trip and pick it up.

atf72
09/05/2006, 09:56 AM
Nobody?

hooker18
09/05/2006, 06:55 PM
none that i know of sorry.

FatTony
09/07/2006, 08:38 AM
www.glasscages.com does acrylic and will ship via UPS if it's small enough. They're a great deal for medium tanks, so I guess the only way to know for sure if it's a good deal is to get a quote from them.

Reefflections
09/09/2006, 08:42 AM
Atf,
When I up graded my 180 to my 240,it's hard finding a good tank builders here.I live here in Tally also.Not sure if you want glass or acrylic.I went with Acrylic being it's easier to move.And had 2 glass tanks blow out on me over the years(glass).But check into " Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff " in Oldsmar,Fl.They are just west of Tampa.His store is top notch,as for live corals and fish.Been in business many years.Well known in the Tampa area.He doesn't build them himself.He contracts the work out.But he stands behind the work 100 %.He built my tank and sump,any size you want.I know the name sounds weird.But it's a full blown saltwater reef store.I just paid him for the tank,and drove down to pick it up.If I ever need another tank?I would surely go threw John and Jenn again.We been friends over 10 years now,and he knows his stuff.His store will amaze you for sure,on how clean his store is.He won't sell you a sick coral or fish.He cares that much about his live stock.If you want to stop by,to see one of his tanks.You are more than welcome.

Reefflections
09/09/2006, 08:44 AM
Sorry about that if you need his phone number,for Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff is.
813-891-4291
Closed on Mondays.

atf72
09/12/2006, 10:20 PM
Reeflections, you have PM.