PDA

View Full Version : My new 75gl sps tank

jeffb3t
09/02/2006, 05:05 AM
Finally after waiting a while and striking lucky, I have my 75 gl tank. I picked up the tank for the best price of all...helping set another soon to be reefer up with a tank in his classroom. This tank will replace the 55 I currently have. It's gonna take a while since money is short and the fishing season is long so I expect to take a few months to set this thing up right and have no problem taking my time. Once I get to work, I will post pics of the progress.

vest0830
09/02/2006, 07:04 AM
Awsome Jeff.

jeffb3t
09/03/2006, 12:18 AM
Well, I started drilling out the overflow holes but I think it might take a while...a long while. I went out and bought diamond tip grinding bits and have managed to destroy one so far. I am 1/3 into the 5/8 " glass for one hole so far. I think I am going to have to pick up a few more becasue I see hte last bit going out when I hit the half way point.

Donstuprich
09/03/2006, 06:06 AM
This thread worthless without pictures :D

jeffb3t
09/03/2006, 07:27 AM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/tankdrill.jpg

Here's a pic for ya. I drilled out two slots that are 3"X1" for the external overflow. I don't want any junk in this tank so I am designing it so everthing is hidden. Next thing to do is cut off all the old silicon and re-seal the entire tank then I can build the external overflow and silicon it on as well. I suppose once that's done I have to get busy and build the new stand.

Donstuprich
09/03/2006, 08:19 PM
This should be good!

jeffb3t
09/03/2006, 10:09 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/f5520cbf.jpg

I got bored this morning so I cut off all the old silicon and man was that a pain. My thumb still hurts but I got it all off. I figured while I already made the house a mess, I fight as well cut the edge trim. I don't really like looking at the glass edges on a tank so I toook black plastic angle and cut it to length and siliconed them in place to give a better look. This tank will be viewable on 3 sides (thus the reason I drilled out the side) so I want it to enhance the look the best I can. At this point, things are going faster than expected so I suppose I will have to start looking for a glass shop to cut the pieces for the external overflow. I still need to clean up the top trim that I cut when drilling and will probable do that today. Next, the tank is going outside once the rain stops so I can paint all the plastic trim so it looks like new again.

vest0830
09/04/2006, 01:00 AM
thats going to be a great tank Jeff

Donstuprich
09/04/2006, 06:59 AM
Hey jeff, What's the top brace look like for that tank?

Also I know there is a glass shop nearish ppm on 329. Not sure where it is exactly, but i know there is a shop.

jeffb3t
09/04/2006, 07:11 AM
The top brace is just a standard plastic rim with the center brace. I found a glass shop near my house in Yomitan so I will have to stop there. If they can't cut what I want, I will let you know so you can give me directions.

Hey vest, clean out your PM box. I tired to send a message telling you that you sump is done but couldn't.

jeffb3t
09/05/2006, 05:09 AM
Thursday I gotta get the wife an ID card so I figured on the way back we can stop at the glass shop and see if they can cut the glass to the size I want. If so, it's on to sealing the tank and building the overflow box.

vest0830
09/05/2006, 07:27 AM
awsome! cleaning out my pm box.

BTW, thats a bathtub, not a sump. :lol:

jeffb3t
09/05/2006, 07:33 AM
Pretty much now it is!

jeffb3t
09/06/2006, 07:24 AM
Ok, I threw the everything into autoCAD to build the overflow. I have all measurements down now and will go to the glass shop tomorrow to see if they will cut what I want. If they can and do, I will build the overflow and seal the tank. BTW, the max capacity of the overflow is calculated at 4.6 gl.

vest0830
09/06/2006, 07:10 PM
Jeff, found a few things for you while searching through the for sale section:
for your overflow so no fish take the pluge.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921443

good deal on a pair of halide lights
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=915472

-would you wanna sell your current lights? I was thinking abotu them for JOhnnys tank.

jeffb3t
09/07/2006, 12:23 AM
That's a great deal on the hang on overflow. Tell Johnny to pick it up. Mine will be completely external and will have a plastic screen to keep the fish/snails from entering Too bad he sold the lights on the link above. I went to the glass shop near my house and ordered the glass I need. It will be ready for pickup tomorrow. He said he could have it in 20 minutes but i need to wait until tomorrow since it's payday and I'm kinda short on cash today. Looks like this weekend it's overflow box building time.

vest0830
09/07/2006, 12:48 AM
nice!

on both of those links, I screwed up both. haha.
on the halides, there was a real nice set of halides, with new bulbs, for like $175/pair. The overflow was the tall type that you would put inside the tank to create a block for the fish. Not the HOB style like I posted. Ohh well.

jeffb3t
09/07/2006, 03:25 AM
Well, Tank is now sealed. I fugured I have time to burn so I want ahead and sealed it. I taped off all the areas where I didn't want silicone and to give me nice straight lines. It turned out pretty good except one section where i pulled the tape off a little late and it has started gelling up on me. Hopfully next week will have some good weather so I can leak test this thing.

jeffb3t
09/08/2006, 04:02 AM
I picked up the glass today and put it all together. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The glass shop cut perfect pieces for me. I will post pics when it dries. I still have to drill the holes for the overflow pipes but will do that after I order them. Once it dries, I will go ahead and put it on the tank and then the whole thing goes outside for a coat of black spray paint. I don't want to see any piping or stuff so this side will be completely blacked out.

jeffb3t
09/15/2006, 06:05 AM
Halides are here!!!! This tank will have 2 250watt halides and 2 VHO bulbs giving the light required to keep SPS. They just arrived a couple minutes ago thanks to a friend up in mainland. Thanks Matt!!! They are currently in a 36" hood but I will retrofit them into a new hood to fit the 75. Man are they bright!!!! Pics will follow.

vest0830
09/15/2006, 08:08 AM
Nice!

jeffb3t
09/16/2006, 06:34 AM
Well moving right along. the overflow is drilled and is now on the tank. Pics will follow once the silicon cures. For now, the pics of the new lights will have to do.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/lights.jpg

Check out the size of the ballast box. that thing is huge and heavy.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/ballast.jpg

vest0830
09/16/2006, 06:55 AM
I love the comparison shot.

jeffb3t
09/16/2006, 07:26 AM
I just grabbed the first thing I saw to do the comparison. That just happed to one of many beer cans sitting around the area.

MDP
09/16/2006, 10:16 AM
Looks great Jeff

How about a shot with the lights on.

BTW shouldn't you be using a can or Orion for comparison

Matt:beer:

Donstuprich
09/16/2006, 08:46 PM
Why does every dry goods picture include a snap of a foot??? :D

jeffb3t
09/16/2006, 10:20 PM
Ask my wife...She was the one who took the pic since "I don't know how to use a camera" (According to her.)

jeffb3t
09/16/2006, 10:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8158072#post8158072 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MDP
Looks great Jeff

How about a shot with the lights on.

BTW shouldn't you be using a can or Orion for comparison

Matt:beer:

I would drink Orion but bud is so much cheaper. As far as a shot witht he lights on, they are too bright and the shot doesn't come out very well.

vest0830
09/16/2006, 10:58 PM
Jeff, when is your birthday? im going to buy you a nice camera.

at least one that doesnt also make a phone call. :lol:

jeffb3t
09/16/2006, 11:01 PM
As promised, here is a pic of the overflow. The small 1 " pipe with the ball valve will feed the pump for the closed loop. The 1 1/2 inch gray one will drain into the sump. I will build it durso style so it is quiet. Just need to get some pipe to finish it off.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/overflow-1.jpg

jeffb3t
09/16/2006, 11:03 PM
I have been thinking of getting a camera... Just haven't made it that far yet. In case you are wondering, the small piece of glass in the overflow is to keep microbubbles from entering the closed loop when the water drains into the overflow.

Donstuprich
09/17/2006, 02:11 AM
Did you freshwater test that design. Looks so simple, but brilliant.

jeffb3t
09/17/2006, 03:00 AM
Not yet.That will come soon. Weather isn't too great. I want to test it out for a few days but don't want any rain.

vest0830
09/26/2006, 05:41 AM
So its been beautiful these past few days, whats the updates with the tank!

BTW, when you take it all down, and you dont want it anymore, and if you part the tank out....I want the SQWD.

jeffb3t
09/29/2006, 05:22 AM
I ran out of silicon and went to kadena to get some but... sold out. I have been waiting until I can finish up the overflow to do the water test. Das said he has some so I might hit him up to at least get the thing out and tested. I do have some wood to start on the stand but I need more since I want to zip throught he stand part. In due time I will have it tested and the stand started.

jeffb3t
10/07/2006, 01:56 AM
Ok, update of this thing. I got my silicon from foster and sealed the last sections of the overflow so that is out of the way. The wife went to her grandparents for the weekend so I thought gee what a great day to mess up the house (that and I am bummed about no fishing today) so I finally started building the stand. I have the basic frame done now but still need a few more boards to finish the frame off. ATM at Torii is broke so I can't get money to buy the rest so I will wait until tomorrow (had a few of my favorite beverages so can't drive) I figure I can have the frame done this weekend and get the tank on it for a test of both.

vest0830
10/07/2006, 10:23 AM
Sweet!

Lots of tank building this weekend for everyone it seems!

jeffb3t
10/08/2006, 04:26 AM
Well, Not as much as I had hoped. The ower's wife of the house I rent came over yesterday and asked me to get rid of my Japanese stove so She could put in an american one. I was thinking ok in a couple months we will change it out. Well, I went looking at foster today to do some price checking and found a cheap gas stove for $400 and after some shopping, went to her house to tell her what I found. She looked at me and the wife and said, Here is 60000 yen. Go buy it. Delivery was 5000 Yen and I was kinda upset that it cost so much to deliver so I asked her to come with us to look at it. (she has a van) She did and needless to say, It is now sitting in my living room so the gas company can install it tomorrow. So much for stand building. I did manage to get the top 2x6's on to finish the frame off completely. It is built like a tank(as always) but I did use less wood this time. Two people can carry this one unlike some of my other versions which are solid and heavy. I will post some pics one the wife wakes up. (all that shopping made her tired)

vest0830
10/08/2006, 05:24 AM
Aren't you gonna have to do some electrital modify'n for the tank/lights/cooling unit?

jeffb3t
10/08/2006, 05:46 AM
I would like to but what I have right now will power everything. I would like a dedicated circuit but since I rent, I don't know if they would go for it. that is part of the reason we went for a gas stove. Less power to take away from the tank...And that was the owner's wife's idea.

jeffb3t
10/10/2006, 04:20 AM
Ok, as have been talking about for the past couple days, I got the last peice of 2x4 and finished the main fram just a few minutes ago. As with the entire tank, this stand is being built on a budget. So far the price is about $30 for the wood needed. Most was from dumpster diving. And lots of good wod is chucked. So far the entire project has set me back $130. I will wrap the entire stand with cedar since I like the look and it will match the house. It is also lighter than most woods. so It will help. The second pic is the notch I made to the 2x4 to create more space in the stand but still be able to hold all the weight needed. Under the stand will be a 45 gl sump to hold all the stuff needed. It basically consists of 2 2x4's screwed together since 2x4 are cheap and they are stronger than 1 4x4. The stand will have a total of 6 doors to give me all the access I will ever need to adjust stuff or whatever I need to do. More pics to come once I buy the cedar to wrap this thing.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/stand.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/stand1.jpg

jeffb3t
10/10/2006, 05:08 AM
If you are wondering why the bottom 2x4's are longer than the rest, that is becasue I plan on enclosing the side there the overflow is at and needed the space for the piping and the closed loop pump. I will build it up and put a door on it too so I can access the plumbing whenever I need to.

jeffb3t
10/16/2006, 04:31 AM
Well, Bottom plywood is on and I slapped on some fiberglass resin. Also started slappin on some white paint. Slowly it is getting there. I just wish paint dried faster...

Donstuprich
10/16/2006, 08:53 AM
Watch it, I heard that helps it dry faster :)

vest0830
10/16/2006, 04:59 PM
Someones pullin your leg Don. :lol:

jeffb3t
10/17/2006, 06:04 AM
No , He's right! I watched it last night for a couple hours after I painted it and today it's dry.

vest0830
10/17/2006, 07:10 AM
You told me that paint takes days to dry, which is why I didn't use it...

Ahh well. That fiberglass resin trick on the bottom though is a complete lifesaver. Very good trick Jeff.

Donstuprich
10/17/2006, 07:19 AM
You told me that paint takes days to dry, which is why I didn't use it...

Ahhh... paint drying, with reagrds to watching it dry, is directly proportinate to the amount of beer you have.

vest0830
10/17/2006, 04:19 PM
You def. didnt tell me that :)

jeffb3t
10/18/2006, 03:05 AM
Yeah.. I had quite a bit too so that was the reason I could sit there motionless for a couple hours. The stand is also outside with lots of airflow. More than you would ever have inside. That also helps in drying faster. On that note, I'm out of paint and the stand still needs more. It did have it's first wet test last night with the rain. Came out this morning with the bottom holding water. At least I know I don't have to worry about that. The fiberglass resin trick is one of my many tricks since I have nothing better to do than to think of ways my tank can crash and thinking of solutions to fix the problem before it happens. C'mon Murphy!! play with the 75!!

jeffb3t
10/21/2006, 04:33 AM
Got some more wood.. building time tomorrow!!!

jasalmanza
10/21/2006, 05:49 AM
got wood... not building $h!t!!!!!

jeffb3t
10/21/2006, 06:50 AM
Lets hope not. this stand has to match the house or the wife will kill me. Not too hard though. it will look good with lots of access to everything I need. I went with cedar to match the existing wood in the house. Owners wife loves cedar so I figured it would be a great match.

jeffb3t
10/21/2006, 10:28 PM
What a great day it is today. The sun is out and no rain. I have started wrapping the stand with cedar and so far it's going good. Cedar is an easy wood to work with and cuts quite easy. It is also mold resistant which is good for our applications. The only bad thing about it is it tends to bow and curve easily with the humidity. I got lucky last night and picked up 11 boards of unfinished cedar (meaning it never went through a planer to smooth it out.) The 11 boards cost $23 which is a considerable savings since a finished board is around $4. It will take more time with these boards since I will have to sand quite a lot to smoth them out. Makes me wish I had a belt sander to speed up the process. Well , back to it. Pics will be coming soon.

jeffb3t
10/22/2006, 02:21 AM
Well, the edges are done with cedar and I have one door cut out. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but each board had to be cut to the right size so it took longer than I thought. I do have one door cut out but think I need to get some long clamps to clamp the boards together so they fit nicely. I also found my router and fired it up. Thing still works. That's good too since I was thinking about a little trim for the doors and using the router to put the nice 45 on them.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/cedarstand.jpg

Donstuprich
10/22/2006, 04:40 AM
That this is going to be the business.

jeffb3t
10/22/2006, 05:01 AM
I hope so. Tomorrow I will work a litte more... maybe cut out another door or two. Still gotta get the clamps to put it all together right though. I plan on putting a black edge trim on it like FD's stand. I like that look and think it will be good on this one too.

Donstuprich
10/22/2006, 05:44 AM
Speaking of FD, what happend with his account?

vest0830
10/22/2006, 07:09 AM
He got canned.
mentioned something wrong about this forum (RC in whole)

Lookin good Jeff. I was going to swing by last night, dont know what happened...

Donstuprich
10/22/2006, 07:13 AM
Really, he just posted something negative about Rc on Rc?

jeffb3t
10/24/2006, 04:32 AM
Got two doors made now. Just have to sand them down and hang them. That is the part I really hate since each door has to be perfect to look right. I am trying to get as much as I can done after work since Sat is going to be a down day. I gotta take care of my second love...Fishing!

jeffb3t
10/30/2006, 02:52 AM
Well, 5 doors made and started sanding everything yesterday. I really need a belt sander. The vibrating one I have won't cut it unless its for fine tune smoothing. Hopefully the lady next door has one I can borrow. She is really into carpentry and has more tools than I ever will.

MDP
10/30/2006, 08:46 AM
Evening Jeff.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Matt

jeffb3t
10/31/2006, 03:58 AM
So am I. Got frustrated tonight with sanding so I am going to buy a belt sander to speed up the process. That will teach me to buy unfinished wood (although the cost of the sander and the price of finished wood is about the same)

jeffb3t
11/01/2006, 05:46 AM
Alright, game over. No more vibrating sander. I got a belt sander today! Just have to wait until the rain stops now...

vest0830
11/01/2006, 07:23 AM
Orbital sanders are the only way to go for smaller things. Just keep goin, your arm will turn numb and it wont matter anymore....

Belt sanders are good for large areas like floors and walls......

jeffb3t
11/02/2006, 03:46 AM
Too late... Sanding is done. What would have taken me days to sand was done in 1 hour. All I have left to sand down is the doors before I hang them. I LOVE THAT BELT SANDER!!!!!! The boards that I was working on for two days was done in a matter of a couple minutes. I used the 120 grit on the belt sander and it is now smooth as silk. I did go over the entire stand with the vibrating sander to remove any scratch marks left by the belt sander. I did learn a couple of lessons with the belt sander. First, a dust mask is a good thing. Even though the sander has a catch bag, it only catches 25% of the dust. 2. eye protection is a good thing as well especially if the wind is blowing. 3. I need more beer.

jasalmanza
11/02/2006, 08:12 AM
i think you forgot about #4.. you need atleast a few more beers!!!! Love this hobby!

jeffb3t
11/03/2006, 03:27 AM
Actually I was just thinking about that particular moment. But extra beer is a good thing. The stand get sanded down faster that way just like paint dries faster when you watch it.

Oh for anyone who cares, if you have imperfections in the wood or cracks that you need to fill, I have a good DIY recipe for wood filler/putty. If you get the Japanese bottle glue that looks yellow with the red top. (available at any book shop in japan) and mix it with a bunch of sawdust from sanding, it will turn into a paste that can be stained to match the wood. Just fill in the imperfections, cracks or nail holes and sand down when dry.

jeffb3t
11/23/2006, 11:24 PM
Well, It's been a while since I posted on this so I figured an update is in order. Doors are now hung and stained but I still have to paint the inside. I plan on having that done this weekend. The wife is a little upset that I keep buying more wood so I have to hold off until next month to get the wood for the rest of the hood and the side enclosure section. I will post some pics after the painting is done. I am kinda at a standstill right now with what to start first. the side enclosure or the hood. I will probably start with the hood first and them finish up witht he side enclosure. Humidity has been kicking my butt lately with the wood cupping on me. I can't use it if it isn't straight so I have been playing a waiting game waiting for it to straighten out in the sun. Once it does, I cut, glue and screw it to keep it that way. Anyway, Back to it!

jeffb3t
11/23/2006, 11:43 PM
Here are a couple pics so far. Sorry for the bad quality. The main stand is stained with some black trim. I still plan on putting trim around the doors but haven't done that yet. I haven't decided on what trim to use so I am just looking around right now.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/stained1.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/jeffb3t/stained2.jpg
Inside the stand fits a nice 45 gallon sump.

Dastank
11/24/2006, 05:52 AM
Very nice Jeff :)
Although are you missing a few doors? Or it looks like the one side has a door, but one door is missing...

vest0830
11/24/2006, 08:51 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mike was still signed into my computer, thats my posting.

jeffb3t
11/24/2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I had it off for a little more adjustments and to show a little more inside the stand. The room it's in is pretty small and hard to take pics.

jeffb3t
02/22/2007, 04:05 AM
Bet you all thought this thread was dead huh??? Well after some hard thinking I will go ahead and do up the 75 while I dream about the 180 I will build one day. Stand is just about done with the side piece built and the first coat of varnish on. a few more coats andthat will take care of it. I ordered the skimmer for it and it arrived earlier this week. I went with the RS-80 from Euro-Reef which should do a great job. At this point all that is left is complete the last couple coats of varnish (hopefully this weekend) finish the hood, Plumb it and fill it.

vest0830
02/22/2007, 06:03 AM
awesome. whats left in the tank now? the old tank?

jeffb3t
02/23/2007, 03:29 AM
Still lots of zoos rics scrooms. Everything goes except the favia and green bubble. I will start the breakdown in a few weeks to prep for the new tank. BTW, 2nd coat is on and lookin good.

teto_78
02/23/2007, 09:42 AM
Sounds like Mike's frag tank is gonna be busy

jeffb3t
02/24/2007, 04:12 AM
Yeah, What he or anyone doesn't want will go to the ocean. I want the new tank to be mostly SPS. Got the hood almost built today. Had to spend the morning yanking a turbo/wastegate off my car which will be junk soon so could do as much as I hoped.

teto_78
02/24/2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Jeff,

not sure if this helps any, but its good to know stuff. Talking to the owner of Aqua Culture, he said he has someone "make" his tanks, and that a 4.5'x2'x2' which turns out to be around 120-130 gallons out of 12mm glass, it costs him around $260-$280. And if anybody wants one ordered, any size... he would gladly do it.

just FYI.

vest0830
02/24/2007, 10:31 PM
Jeffs gonna hate that last post. :lol:

jeffb3t
02/26/2007, 06:54 AM
Gee, Now you tell me... Guess I better start planning the 180... I will do it eventually... maybe in a year.

jeffb3t
02/28/2007, 05:59 AM
Well, Finally got the hood done as far as stain. Still gotta paint it and clear it then I guess I have no choice but to order the plumbing stuff I need to finish it. I will post up pics after the clear is done and everything is pretty.

jeffb3t
04/06/2007, 09:25 AM
Well, Been a while since i posted on this. Hood and stand are done and I am now working on the waterchange tank to assist in keeping my hands dry. I have the acylic and will make it myself since it will cost me $100 to have it made. once it is done, plumbing is next and of course some pics.

vest0830
04/07/2007, 08:19 PM
SWEET! Almost there huh! You are gonna beat Mike!!!

jeffb3t
04/09/2007, 03:09 AM
Mike?? Yeah, I will be done and full of livestock before he even gets his stuff wet. My quick and easy water change tank is done and leak testing now. Makeman has 5mm sheets of acrylic for 9800 yen so I picked one up and they even cut it for me. not the best cuts in the world but straight enought to weld them together using the pins method. Turned out pretty nice and it only bows 1/8 inch even at 18" tall. I will spare you all pics until I get everything toghether and start plumbing so at least you can see something interesting.

jeffb3t
06/26/2007, 04:58 AM
And now to finally say yes I beat mike, the tank is in place, full of saltwater and awaiting rock. There are a few things I would have done differently but all in all it runs nice. I still would like bigger but will have to settle for this for now. I don't like the microbubbles from the overflow but have an idea to fix that. I also should have gone with 2 " instead of 1.5" piping but with the gate valves I can adjust it to even things out a bit. Skimmer is great and pulled out all kinds of crap when I put in the sand. I still need to address the humidity issue within the stand but I think a large fan like the type that is used for venting stoves will do the trick. I went to get some rock the other day but it was still high tide and nothing to get. Still, I had a great time looking at the dead dog that washed up on the beach. All in all, it will be a nice tank and I still have a few things to finish on it like the air struts for the hood doors and the micro bubble issue but I would say, in a month, it will be ready for a fish or two. One of these days, I will take pics and post them up but had to get a new computer since the old one died and CC is maxed right now. Couldn't afford to tack on the camera just yet.

vest0830
06/26/2007, 05:53 PM
Awsome Jeff! Let me know when you wanna go rock collecting! I gotta get Bret enough rock to fill his 55g this weekend!

I was planning on getting out of bed early Saturday morning and hitting the water early. -Probably going to be a little chilly, but that will be alright. Give me a call...

What lights did you end up going with?

jeffb3t
06/27/2007, 02:59 AM
I am running with the 2 250W halides you gave me. It looks really good over the tank. I wouldn't mind adding one more but I will save that for another time since the heat can and will be an issue now. I won't be able to get rock since I have a wedding to go to but def gotta get some soon... Unless you want to grab some for me and leave it in the cooler I have sitting outside my house. I am not too worried about die off and as long as it is covered with wet newspaper, it will be fine. Sunday I might be game though. gotta ask the BOSS.

vest0830
06/27/2007, 06:39 AM
humm...Sunday morning wont work for me, im really shooting for Sunday morning.

What did you do with your old lights, the ones over the (old) tank? the ones you gave me have crapped out, completly. I gotta find something new...

jeffb3t
06/27/2007, 09:26 PM
Still got them sitting on the old tank which is still full right now until the new tank is established. I do have a couple 250w halides sitting here not being used that you can get. I don't have reflectors for them but that shouldn't be a problem. I am surprised they went out on you. Is it a bulb or ballast problem? the way those lights are wired, if one bulb is bad, they both don't work.

vest0830
06/28/2007, 12:12 AM
I think it might just be a bulb. I have only my old 175w halide on the tank right now, and for only about 6hrs a day.

ill give you a call later.