PDA

View Full Version : Capelin Roe

w2
06/09/2002, 02:09 AM
I visited the AM-KO market at the corner of 1st and Springfield in Champaign today and picked up 8ozs of Capelin Roe for $5.99. The Ocellaris went nuts for it! If anybody is in the area and needs some, this is the place.

Also, the Meijer in Champaign has a great selection of fresh seafood. I picked up enough stuff to make 2 batches of frozen food. And, I spent less than $5. The dept. manager waited on me and put everything in one container and figured a middle-of-the-road price per lb. Sweet deal!

Just a little info I thought I'd share....

Cheers!

DKKA
06/09/2002, 02:55 PM
So, uhm....did you buy any seafood for yourself, or just just for the fish?
:p
Dan

ReefMD
06/10/2002, 10:26 AM
Bill,
Does the Capelin Roe have any additives or preservatives? If not, I'd be interested in getting some if I can get over that way.
Tim

w2
06/11/2002, 02:42 AM
Ya know, Dan, the funny part is that I don't like seafood! Maybe some cajun shrimp every once in awhile, but that is about it!

Tim - I really don't know. There is some writing on the package, but it's in Chinese. It does have, in english, Capelin Roe and the price in dollars. I'm assuming (uh-oh!!) that it does not have anything else in it. I've fed it twice so far and no adverse affects.:fun5: Here's hoping it stays that way!!