PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

b4tn
06/08/2002, 08:51 AM
Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself. My name is Brian I work and live on Travis AFB where my wife is stationed. Before my Current job I worked for AT&T all around the heart of the bay area. I frequent Milpitas because that is basically the home of BAPOC (Bay Area Probe Owners Club) feeding my other passion, my car. Enough about me. I have been doing fresh water tanks for about 10 years and have recently switched over to starting a reef. I have a 50g long a 5 gallon overflow/truvu drip filter/sump, a 37g home made refugium, a remora aqua c skimmer in the main tank, and a Lee's skimmer in the refugium.. My pumps include an eiheim 1250, two maxijet 1300, and an unknown brand. Currently I have a 4" silica DSB (home Depot) and about 25 lb of LR (boy is that stuff expensive) I plan on adding more as I go. Currently I have 3 turbo snails, 3 scarlet hermits, and a molly. I am still experimenting and getting the feel for this massive change. I am very addicted and thought it would be nice to meet some of the locals. The only LFS in my area that is good is Sea Splendor Aquarium, they seem knowledgeable and between them and reefcentral I have learned a lot! any one have any good recommendations for LFS in my area? But any way I just wanted to say hi.

anathema
06/08/2002, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the Bay Area.

For an LFS check out Tropical Paradise in San Leandro.

Hope to see you at the next meeting,

Gusty

cal3v
06/09/2002, 12:35 PM
Hi. I've got some lr, about 20-30 lbs that have been in my tank almost a year. Nice coralline coverage, a few large and medium pieces. lmk if you are interested. I am in Tracy. Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested.
Calvin