PDA

View Full Version : Bimaculoides pics

CalvinC4S
06/07/2002, 09:20 AM
This is my Bimac & clean-up crew

CalvinC4S
06/07/2002, 09:26 AM
Here is another showing its false eye marking.

Rudiger
06/07/2002, 10:01 AM
Those are some great pictures! How big is that starfish and what kind of star is it?

pat

CalvinC4S
06/07/2002, 10:47 AM
Thanks Pat,
The Star is about 11" from tip to tip and it was collected in Hawaii.
I was told it is a banded star, but I think that is kinda like "common brown octo." It is very hardy unlike the Linkias I have tried in the past, easy to feed.

OctoMonkey
06/07/2002, 12:41 PM
Glad to see your new octo is doing so well! keep the pics coming!
C

Iwantacephalopod
06/07/2002, 05:28 PM
AWESOME PICTURES!.
Thats a very cute octo. It kinda looks like a bimac lookalike. The fale eye is slighty more green though. Really cool octo. Best of luck to you!!
Best regards,
devon

OctoMonkey
06/07/2002, 05:36 PM
Hey Devon!
Where have you been hiding?

All set for your ceph yet? How's it going?
C

CalvinC4S
06/07/2002, 07:07 PM
Thanks Devon, I enjoy its company

Iwantacephalopod
06/07/2002, 09:55 PM
Long time no talky octomonkey!
One month until I get a cephy!! Cant wait.
I'm thinking using 200 count bag of kinda large raw shrimp for food after he gets used to me. What do you think??
OK man take care!
Good luck with your bimac as well. I didnt read that it was bimac pictures when I wrote " bimac look a like".
Colin, hows your filosus?!
Bye bye,
Devon:confused: :confused: :smokin:

OctoMonkey
06/10/2002, 06:38 AM
"How's the filosus?"

damn good question! To be honest I dont know.........

It dissapeared on me ????????

It didnt climb out onto floor because I have wooden floors and spotting that would be easy. Its not in the tank, cuz i took that to bits to look...... I do have a theory though....

It would have been possible for it to maybe, just maybe get into the sump/refugium via plastic mesh. If that's the case then perhaps it could climb into my big skimmer through the tubes or EVEN the big tank with the cuttlefish!!! It kinda vanished without trace so I'm stumped as to what actually happened??? In fact, I still hold out on it still being in the cuttle tank. Remember how small it was? Well it could esily hide in a tank that size and there are a million hiding places where it could go and not be seen. I'll let you know, but that's my guess!

Make sure you have your tank well secured! even for species that arn't supposed to climb!
C