PDA

View Full Version : Meeting on June 20th??

Phillips
06/05/2002, 12:34 PM
I heard your next meeting is on June 20th, is it open to the public, or is it possible to join at the meeting?

Reefer Dude
06/06/2002, 09:55 AM
Yes the next meeting is the 20th, our meetings are always open to the public but, we always appreciate the membership. BARE runs a prorated yearly membership so right now it only cost $10 to join, and that is good up to September. I will do a post this afternoon here of all the specifics of the meeting.

Phillips
06/06/2002, 10:34 AM
Looking forward to it.

73ChargerFan
06/07/2002, 04:21 PM
I'd like to announce that Anthony Calfo will be at our next meeting tonight at the SF Aquarist's meeting. I've already told MARS and SEABY that he's coming. Where will the meeting be held? If I don't get any other details, then I'll refer everyone to our club's website.

Phillips
06/07/2002, 04:37 PM
What's the address for BARE's web site?

Thanks,

TheMandarinFish
06/07/2002, 05:37 PM
I am going to put it up tonight.

I will post the URL later, and I will see about domain name resolutiion while I am at it.

Justin - please get me the meeting information.

-Jake
jamesfargher@hotmail.com

PS Justin / Gusty / Matt - can you get me the email list? I will email everyone with info in addition to posting it.

Reefer Dude
06/07/2002, 08:39 PM
BARE's website is www.bareonline.org. I am sorry for the delay on getting info out on this meeting. Things have been crazy for me this week, just got back from vacation and got slammed with work. More details to follow!

TheMandarinFish
06/08/2002, 09:43 PM
I need the password and login so I can FTP the files to the new site.

Please email or call me as soon as you can.

Thanks dude.

"I'm not Lebowski... you're Lebowski. I'm The Dude."

-Jake

:bum:

TinyBubbles
06/10/2002, 05:37 PM
Are there going to be details anytime soon?

Tiny

Phillips
06/10/2002, 06:14 PM
The url for www.bareonline.org doesn't work whenever I try it.

TheMandarinFish
06/11/2002, 11:12 AM
I now have the FTP info to put the new site up.

I just need to review and post the meeting info with the new site.

TinyBubbles
06/12/2002, 02:13 PM
I am going to sound like the sour pickle of the bunch with this post. :( I just came from reading WetWebMedia today (where Anothony Calfo answers emails) and I just read that he is in the dark about what time and where the meeting is!?! When you guys hook up a speaker with accommodations, don't you tell him where and when everything will take place?

I know it is week away and it's bad enough for people like me who want to be a part of this meeting and join your club, but don't you guys have it together enough to inform him?

Sorry I don't want to seem rude, your club sounds like a blast to be a part of but this is really putting a damper on the whole idea of making the trip.

Tiny

73ChargerFan
06/12/2002, 02:28 PM
TinyBubbles,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoopscity
06/12/2002, 04:00 PM
where is this meeting at? what time is at? I'm new and want to attend also, but the website doesn't work, can't seem to find much info about anything either???

Phillips
06/12/2002, 04:16 PM
"...you cannot go to the meeting, that's impossible. Instead you must realize there is no meeting, only your mind..."

Tenner
06/12/2002, 04:58 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to drop a quick line here.

BARE is a club, and as such it's all about fun. Please don't expect too much, as we all have personal and professional lives that take precedence over our club activities.

In saying that Justin our club president is unavailable due to a family emergency.

The meeting this month is being held at the
Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Pleasanton, off Hopyard. There will be a sign in the lobby directing everyone to the conferecnce room we will be in. Normally when we don't have a quest speaker we have been meeting at Tropical Paradise. The meeting's are set to start at 7pm.

An email is normally sent out one week prior to the meeting, with location and content.

The web site has been down for about a month now, as we have been looking for cheaper space. We have also been waiting patiently for an updated version of our web site.

Hopefully the web site will be back online in the next week.

As for this months meeting, as most of you have seen from this forum Anthony Calfo will be joining us from out of state to discuss his coral farm. If you haven't had a chance please look up his new book. We gave several copies away at one of our meetings.

We will contact Anthony today to make sure he is aware of the itenerary.

Thanks,
Matthew

dsb1829
06/12/2002, 05:09 PM
Thanks Matt :D

I was really hoping to find out where we were going to be meeting at since I plan on dragging Anthony all over the Bay Area on a Road trip. A final destination is definitely helpful.

ttt...

dsb1829
06/12/2002, 05:16 PM
Here is a link to the hotel

http://www.sheratonpleasanton.com/map.html

B@dfish
06/12/2002, 05:29 PM
How do I join this club that you speak of?

I can host a site for free, but it is kinda hokey because I do not have my own server.

If you set up a free acount with zoneedit.com they will host your DNS, you can point the domain to a subfolder of my hosting account.

It would all be seamless through a browser.

I would have to give you my username and password because the hosting environment I am in does not allow me to set up individual users, so you would have not be nice and not delete my stuff.

http://organistic.org
http://mexicanmusk.com
http://andrewkthompson.com

are all hosted within a subfolder of calped.com

I have yet to see your site so I do not know the requirements.

I am new to this whole message board business, how do you get those fun little gifs under your user ID?

Tenner
06/12/2002, 05:38 PM
B@dfish,

Thanks for the offer. In fact that is what we are doing today under mmcoralfarms.com. At my ISP it's known as aliasing.

We also have just recieved an offer to have the site hosted for free by Mike.

I really appreciate you guys stepping up for us.

As for joining our club. The meetings are free to everyone. We ask for "Dues" basically donations to keep the club running. Our only big expenses are the guest speakers and many times they offer their services for free.

Dues are set at $30 annually September to September pro-rated on a every four month period. Sounds kind of crazy hun. This was the only way we could do this without having to track everyones Dues date.

You can pay at any meeting, our Treasure Doug is usually there.

Thanks
Matthew

dsb1829
06/12/2002, 07:00 PM
Don't forget to mention that we have two Doug's. The one with a kid... ...no wait, I have a kid now too :D

Treasurer Doug has the brownish-red hair.

Last I checked I volumteered to coordinate some projects, but we haven't done much in that way for a while. I have a few of my own projects brewing on the DIY front that I may be able to pass on once complete.