PDA

View Full Version : Meeting

cjc_cali
08/20/2006, 06:49 PM
In the intrest of brevity and simplicity, heres a new thread for a meeting. Please try to limit discussion to this topic.

Here are several key questions to get us going in the right direction:

- So who is interested in attending a meeting?
- When and where would be good for you?
- What topics would you be interested in discussing?
- Do you wish to participate in a frag swap?
- What do you have available to trade?
- Does anyone have any objection to posting an "advertisement" at LFS's, to get more attendance?

If you have any other questions that might help get this going feel free to ask.

Brewen
08/20/2006, 08:54 PM
-I am in for a meeting
-most any nights, weekend included central like 5 cities area
-reef topics but open to all saltwater discussion
-yes a frag swap would be great
-a sml cali tort, sml lt blue stag, lt green monti cap all sps frags
-no objection

Wicked Punk
08/23/2006, 05:40 PM
Im up for a meeting.
Weekends are best for me, Will drive up to SLO if needed.
Reef or any fish topic
I have to swap, Blue, red, green stripe, Green fuzzy mushrooms, Torch coral, Red sea Xenia, and 2 large pieces of Yellow Tonga Leather 3+ inches across each.
Advertising at a LFS sounds good, the more the merrier.

cjc_cali
08/25/2006, 01:22 PM
well between this and the "location..." thread, it seems that weekends seem to be the best time for most.

It may be a little in advance, but how does the 17th of september sound for everyone? this way we can guage intrest, get the word out, and give time to set up some frags.

as far as location; wet pets and lily pads was brought up, round table in AG, and the pier in pismo. Im sure there are other options, as long as we can get a concensus on where and when to meet the rest will work itself out. Im willing to contact any of the LFS's to set up the location, maybe even an after hours thing, see if we can get a group or club discount. i just need to know whats good for everyone.

the sooner everyone jumps in and gives their feedback the easier it will be to set this up.

D-Rod
08/25/2006, 06:58 PM
Sept 17th is good for me.

No frag for me my tanks to new, I will take a good size cup of live sand.
:D

Brewen
08/25/2006, 07:40 PM
The 17th works for me.

Shagsbeard
08/25/2006, 10:03 PM
- So who is interested in attending a meeting?
Me. Possibly my wife, but who can tell.

- When and where would be good for you?
Friday nights are bad... poker you know. Any other night would be fine. I have a planned vacation coming up in September... 13,
14 and 15 that I wont miss for this meeting.

- What topics would you be interested in discussing?
Basics... lots of basics. People could bring designs that lay out what their tanks look like. Photos would be good too.

- Do you wish to participate in a frag swap?
Nope. I haven't got any frags and wouldn't know what to do with one that I was given.

- What do you have available to trade?
Not much at this point.

- Does anyone have any objection to posting an "advertisement" at LFS's, to get more attendance?
I think this is a really good idea. Hell... If they spring for pizza we could name the club after them.

D-Rod
08/29/2006, 09:22 PM
Not everyone respond at once...OK!!!

BBishop
09/01/2006, 07:44 AM
Having been the former president and an original founder the Redding Area Reef Club, I learned that you got to crawl before you walk. It's tough getting these things started, but it just takes a few dedicated persons.
The 17th is fine for me. I wouldn't worry about frag swaps or topics yet, we just need to get organized and develope a plan to grow. Once things are in place other people will become interested in joining.

Bill

BBishop
09/01/2006, 03:19 PM
Speaking of frag swaps, there's one in Sacramento on 7 Oct.
I have been to this particular event several times and it is always great and a lot of fun.

Bill

youngster119
09/05/2006, 07:26 PM
Would love to attend a meeting... just say when and where...
As far as where i might know of a quaint lil shop in SLO... Have to ask mom first tho... she should be up to it... ill find out

chris

Brewen
09/06/2006, 07:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8056144#post8056144 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BBishop
Having been the former president and an original founder the Redding Area Reef Club, I learned that you got to crawl before you walk. It's tough getting these things started, but it just takes a few dedicated persons.
The 17th is fine for me. I wouldn't worry about frag swaps or topics yet, we just need to get organized and develope a plan to grow. Once things are in place other people will become interested in joining.

Bill
I agree with Bill on the start or first meeting. In time frag swaps and topics will come. First meeting a meet and greet talk about personal tanks what your raising. Maybe help each others with questions, and at that point set up a second meeting.

cjc_cali
09/07/2006, 09:49 PM
Fair enough, hold off on the frag swap for now.
Looks like we have intrest in the meeting. If wet pets/lilly pads is out, then is there any one who has a good connection with Aquatic Adventures, that can hook something up?

Also if some one has a laptop, i can put pictures of my tank on a cd, or if someone has pics and no cd writer, they can email them to me and i can copy. that way we can see what each others tanks look like.

some one mentioned getting sand from some of the established tanks. im willing to donate some.

Brewen
09/07/2006, 10:29 PM
The 17th is coming up soon, if AA in SLO does not workout then a back room in a pizza place or booth depending or first turnout. I will give Round Table in AG a call and see what it will take to set it up deposit, amount of people and if it is free on the 17th. I'll get back soon.

Brewen
09/08/2006, 07:11 PM
Round Table in AG requires a $30 deposit the room will fit 30 people they have 3 rooms. I asked about having to buy drinks and pizza also while there.They were not sure would have to speek with the owner (for myself more then likely will have dinner there but could not speek up for the rest).
So if AA in SLO does not work out at first then this will just to get started. Please feel free to comment. Brewen

youngster119
09/09/2006, 01:31 AM
well actually my mother is the new owner of AA so ill talk to her and find out if we can arange something... and yes we have a laptop in house so if anyone wants to take some pix of there tanks i might be able to use it for the meetings and we have a great slide show app too. ill get back to you in about a day or so with a few answers.

chris