PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Orlando...Looking for Cheaper Inverts/ corals?

man1410
06/03/2002, 08:46 PM
I am visiting orlando in a few days, wondering if its cheaper to buy corals/ inverts and bring them up to NJ with me.

Are there any such places I can visit while I am there.
Would really appreciate your input!

MORAY
06/06/2002, 05:01 PM
Personally, if you are looking to save money, order off the internet. I have had great luck with Etropicals, but from reading hear there are many more. I don't know if you will find any store here amazing but the club favorites I think are "Seven Seas", "The fish bowl", and "Ocean Blue". Maybe someone else can add recommendations.

Moray

Timothy McCandless
06/11/2002, 12:48 PM
If your looking to save money, you can carry anything you buy on the plane as long as it is small enough to qualify as a carry on.

I recently took a trip to Texas and one of the stores there was having a buy one get one free deal. I picked up an open brain, cup coral, Torch, and branching hammer all for under $65. Each one of them were at least the size of a fist. I packed them up nice and tight and shipped them under the plane and they arrived just fine.

So, even if the stores here aren't any cheaper you might find something that you can't get back home. I know seven seas has a really nice Bright orange Capricornis it is about to frag apart and sell.

Good luck,
Timothy McCandless
If you happen to be in town when we are having our meeting you should stop by.