PDA

View Full Version : My GBTA split...

Mr James
08/12/2006, 10:12 PM
Didn't know they did that or at least forgot. I'll give it a couple days to form again. Anybody want to trade or buy??

hooker18
08/12/2006, 11:21 PM
lol it must just be that season. tony's just split in my tank.
that si a bunch of bs though. i had that anemone for over 2 years and it never split. grrr. oh well mabey it was just trying to grow large enough to eat my female clown. james, did you find out anything else about the meeting when you were working there?

SueQ
08/13/2006, 11:38 AM
I thought I read somewhere on here that some tend to reproduce sexually (spit a bunch of eggs/swimmers) while some asexually by splitting.
James-I'll take you up on GBTA!

Mr James
08/13/2006, 01:14 PM
Sounds good Suzi, we'll talk!!

Johnny, I will make the announcement for next months meeting this week. We may have to wait until September or try a one week notice meeting as we are nearing the end of August, kind of.

IslandCrow
08/14/2006, 09:30 PM
Wow, there must be something in the water. I came home today, and my GBTA has finally split. It's been looking like it's about to for at least a month now, but I was starting to think I was imagining things. Actually, it still caught me by surprise. My first thought was, "Oh no, how did it shrink down to half its size in one day." Then I saw its other half on the rock above it. So, I've had one spawning event, finally a split. . .I guess the only think left is to get it to reproduce by budding like some other guy's here on RC.

Oh, and as for the next meeting, if we wait until September, that'd be great for me. If I remember right, James, the dates for my own vacation are pretty much a carbon copy of yours.

Mr James
08/14/2006, 10:03 PM
I don't think you want a spawning event in your size tank. Correct me if I am wrong group, bt spawning events pollute tanks big time. Yup, my vacation and your wedding (not yours) coincide.

jagal
08/17/2006, 11:31 PM
Hey IslandCrow,
If you decide to part with your new BTA, I would be interested if not too expensive.

jagal

IslandCrow
08/17/2006, 11:40 PM
Sure, I'd be willing to part with one of them for a pretty reasonable price (especially since one is wandering dangerously close to my scroll coral). Let me give them awhile to heal, though. Neither of them is looking all that hot right now. I'm hoping it's just from the split.

IslandCrow
08/18/2006, 12:13 AM
Oh, missed your post, James. When my BTA spawned, it definitely clouded up the tank (kind of freaked me out), but didn't seem to have any ill effects otherwise. I was running carbon, which I'm sure helped, but I don't think I even did a water change. I'm sure like anything else, it depends, and I don't know the book answer, but I posted my concerns in one of the forums (think it was Reef Chemistry and Randy answered me), but no one seemed to think it was really anything to worry about. Anyway, it happened not too long before I went to bed, and the water was crystal clear by the next morning.