PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Crystal_619
06/02/2002, 04:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Reef Central and I thought I would introduce myself. I live in Morris, OK (just south of Tulsa) and I currently raise seahorses. I am working to captive breed H. Reidi's. I have been raising seahorses for around a year now. Friday morning we had 214 fry and we are now on day three and have 170 left. I plan on starting a mostly internet based seahorse business, trying to concentrate on captive breds the best I can. I will also sell local to those who are interested. This will be a while though b/c I'm broke :D

I grew up in the Chandler area and am there often visiting family. I recently graduated college with a degree in Electronic Engineering w/ Computer Networking. I also help my husband and a friend run a web design business in Okmulgee. My husband has the same degree and is currently teaching in the IT department of OSU-Okmulgee. I am currently jobless and doing my best to find a job since graduating :p .

I recently found OMAS while searhcing the internet and am going to do my best to attend their next meeting.

Nice to meet everyone,
Crystal Bridges

JohnL
06/02/2002, 04:08 PM
Hi Crystal,
[welcome]

Don Davis
06/02/2002, 09:42 PM
Hello Crystal, Welcome to Reef Central and welcome to the COMAS forum. Feel free to sit in on a meeting if you're ever in OKC on the second Saturday night of any month. Check this forum for the current months location.

My wife (rldavis) and I are the treasurer and secretary of COMAS. We have a 3 year old 125 gallon reef (http://ww2.comasonline.org:8080/reefpics/donny/more%20pics/page_01.htm) and a newly setup 220 gallon SPS tank (no pics yet). Seahorses are one thing I've never tried, although I think there fascinating. Good luck with the fry, and keep us informed on your progress.

You should really try to get to an OMAS meeting. Joining a club is probably the best investment you can make in this hobby.

Welcome again,

Don

Kyle McClain
06/03/2002, 08:54 AM
Crystal

Welcome to reef central. I am glad to see people in Oklahoma starting up captive bred programs. I am the current president of COMAS. I encourage you to join OMAS I know your efforts will be well received by the club members. And as Don said feel free to attend one of our meetings.

Kyle McClain

JasonF
06/06/2002, 09:45 AM
From the Vice President that doesn't do anything ;) welcome.:D

tnelson
06/15/2002, 09:16 PM
Crystal, Directions to the next OMAS meeting are on our website at www.omas.org, we would love to have you visit. We meet on the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm. I'll forward a copy of the flyer to you via e-mail. I hope to see you Tuesday.

TN