PDA

View Full Version : A cure for briopsis!!!!!

Fliger
08/04/2006, 03:48 PM
I got a beautiful Sailfin Tang yesterday at ATR for $50. Hes a medium size, and beautiful. After a day of acclimation - he's going to town on my briopsis. Woohoo!!!

Just added the Chevron Tang from Doree, no aggression since they're both small, hopefully the two of them will knock out all the macro. It really took hold when I was skimmerless, and when I had my Wavysea turned off. Oh yeah - for those who don't think circulation isn't important - I redid my electrical and my Wavysea was turned off. I turns a 6100 that sweeps the entire tank. In just 2-3 days it was off - CYANO!!! Turned it on one night and by the next morning, 75% was gone. Now I'd say about 90% is gone and the only that is left is the low flow area.

Now once these Berghia Nudis grow (lots of eggs already), all my aptasia will be history and I'll be a happy reefer again. :D

moore_rb
08/04/2006, 04:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7879641#post7879641 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fliger

Now once these Berghia Nudis grow (lots of eggs already), all my aptasia will be history and I'll be a happy reefer again. :D

That's what I like best about you, Dave. It takes so little to make you happy..... :D

Do the bristletooth tangs (Chevrons/Koles) even mess with macro algae? I thought they pretty much stuck to scraping film algae off the glass/rocks...?

BTW, what happened to your BK? Why are you running an inferior top of the line skimmer now?

Fliger
08/04/2006, 04:18 PM
LOL, buy me a beer or let me buy you one and I'm happy!

I think you're right, those guys are more for cleaning your rock. The Sailfins are a little more known for macro. Its hard trying to pick tangs, I asked many people. You gotta measure workload, beauty and compatability.

I sold the BK, it was for my 340. I thought about another but the minis aren't really gonna be available anytime soon. And I have really good experience with H&S. Right now I'm running the Tunze 9010 cuz I need something to fit under my tank. We'll have to visit sometime.

moore_rb
08/04/2006, 05:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7879812#post7879812 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fliger
We'll have to visit sometime.

Fa Shizzle... As soon as I have the 140 in "presentation mode" I plan to have a social get together. Still lots of cabinetry and skinning out to do on that project, though.

I definitley need to get out and see your tank.... and I'll bring the beer.

I like the Chevrons, but not the price tags. I'm thinking about adding a Kole Tang to my system. Still researching; I want to be certain that he will be compatible with my half-Black Mimic Tang.

Fliger
08/04/2006, 05:41 PM
Someone was over earlier and said they saw a Chevron for $69 at Aq Arts I think. If healthy that is an awesome price! I was happy to pay $90 considering it is already tank acclimated.

BTW the emeralds went STRAIGHT for the bubble algae. Right now I'm very happy. ;-)

Have to run now, I'm so late. At least my client got us seats right behind the dugout to the baseball game. Stop by for sure, maybe one night next week.

bajabum
08/09/2006, 01:42 PM
Are you willing to part with some Bergia eggs? I have some small rearing tanks setup and waiting for a start.

Fliger
08/09/2006, 01:47 PM
Hey Baja - I started another thread in this forum. Eventually if I can get these going I don't mind parting with some. But it will be a while. I am really gonna try to stick to the plan of keeping this a non-profit thing. I don't want others here in the Valley to have to pay $15/each and shipping. Not that I see anything wrong with rearing them and selling them, I'm just doing this for our valley friends.