PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gonna be in Key Largo in June?

luminary
05/29/2002, 10:15 PM
My girlfriend and I are going to be diving down in Key Largo the last weekend in June...Was curious if anyone was gonna be down there around then...We're seriously considering getting a private charter and having a couple of friends come with us...It also will leave plenty of room to meet some new friends if anyone is interested!

RicksReefs
05/31/2002, 12:54 AM
i just might be. not sure of the dates yet though.

gregt
05/31/2002, 05:21 AM
Oh man, I'm leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Take of early and come with me. :D

PS> If you haven't made accomodation arrangements yet, get in touch with Bomber (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1399), he has a great guesthouse setup.

JT
06/02/2002, 03:57 AM
Heya luminary!

I will be in the Keys from June 27th through July 7th. I will be staying in Islamorada the majority of the time but haven't planned any of my dive trips yet.

luminary
06/03/2002, 11:36 PM
I'll know for certain tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be doing a full day private charter on saturday the 29th, and a 2 dive regular charter on sunday morning. Based on a couple of recommendations, I'll be going out with Capt Steve at http://www.dualporpoise.com

Right now, it's only my girlfriend and I for certain. The boat can take 6 people. There are one or two people that I've invited that are pretty definite, but that will still leave 2 spots on the boat if anyone wants. Let me know if you're interested. The cost for the charter is $500 for the day. I'm planning to split it up based on the number of people who are coming. If we don't fill up the boat, we'll work out a fair amount for the amount of diving you'll be doing (I don't expect anyone to pay an unfair amount...after all, it's my charter :)).

We're going to be shooting for doing 4 dives on saturday spread out over the day. None of them will be deep water or advanced dives as my gf is still new to the underwater world.

gregt
06/04/2002, 06:22 AM
I hope the weather holds for you. I'm down here now, and the water is flat calm. You can literally see the fish on a 30 foot reef while standing on the boat. Keep your fingers crossed.....

luminary
06/04/2002, 02:10 PM
Sounds like you got some great weather Greg! This time of year is usually a pretty good time to be down there.

As for my trip...my plans have changed a little bit for anyone who was thinking about coming down. Due to scheduling issues, Steve at dualporpoise was not able to do a full day charter on saturday. We decided to just sign on for a regular charter with him in the morning and the afternoon on saturday, and in the morning on sunday.

Basically:
2 am dives on saturday
2 pm dives on saturday
2 am dives on sunday

There are still spots open on the boat (he may actually have a second boat there by that weekend). If you decide to come, you can reach Steve at 305-394-0417 or at info@dualporpoise.com. We made all our hotel reservations through him as well.

If yer coming, let me know, and also let Steve know that you're with me.

Hope some of you can make it!

Nishant3789
06/10/2002, 10:19 AM
oo! ooh! i am! im leavin today
im going to stay at oceanpointe suites! anyone been there how is it? Im going to go one 3 dives there, not sre when but ic ant wait
if anyone else is stayin there, give me ure room number id love to talk to u, though i dunno how many of yall wanna talk to a 13 year old.... anyways does anyone kno of any good diving lcations? and how bout if there are any god lfs there. c ya
nishant

Tennsquire
07/08/2002, 03:07 PM
Nishant, how did you like the Oceanpointe Suites? I'm leaving for the Keys tomorrow night, and am thinking of staying there. I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, but don't think I ever stayed in Oceanpointe. Just looking at options right now.