PDA

View Full Version : Decent Local Live Rock

Lago
05/29/2002, 10:41 AM
Hi PA...I live in NJ close to PA on the 78 corridor and posted the following message in the NJ forum. Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a local source for Live Rock? I don't mind traveling an hour or three if I can pick out decent rock. I called Absolutely Fish and they quoted me $10/lb for "really good Tonga"!!! I said they were Absolutley Nuts. I really don't want to do the mail order thing if I don't have to. I'm not that familiar with the details of the different typs of LR available so getting to see it up close and personal would be a major benefit.

Thanks again!

amonhen
05/29/2002, 02:22 PM
Lago,

A while back a lot of people on rec.aquaria.marine.reefs were singing the praises of a place in CT called Paragon (http://www.paragonsales.com/). I have family in CT and planned to check it out if I was going to make a big rock purchase. It is probably within 4 hours of you in Jersey; possibly 3, not sure.

--Jeff

Groucho
05/30/2002, 06:35 AM
A couple weeks ago I went to Something Fishy in Allentown. A small store but high quality. They had some nice LR for $5.00/lb.

Their website has directions. www.toofishy.com

GeorgeS069
06/12/2002, 04:34 PM
I'd have to agree with Groucho...Something Fishy is small but,his prices are very good and he usually has several types of rock cured and uncured.
He also has some really nice livestock and frags/clams/verts
His prices rival most mail order sites
Might be going up there sunday and if anyone wants to hook up in Norristown and follow us up.