PDA

View Full Version : Making the move to chandler.

majestic sea life
08/02/2006, 12:37 PM
Hey guys,

Well monday we put our house on the market. And it sold tuesday afternoon!!!! What do you guys think of chandler? We are looking at a price from $250,000-$310,000 and thats a going price for a good size house.

I think i got all my corals fish and tanks in temp homes. But after we are done moving and my new 90gal tank is running ill be having a "reefer party" hahah sorry i told my father that he was like "A WHAT!!!!" but you know what i mean. After we move its fare game on who wants some zoa frags lol. So talk to you later and cant wait to meet you guys soon.

~Brian

UberNoober
08/02/2006, 12:57 PM
I like chandler, my fiance and I just bought a house in Ahwatukee for $295 and its about 1500 square feet, and in a good neighboorhood. Most of chandler is pretty nice, it does have its bad areas, but for that amount of money you should find something nice.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

And I may hit you up for some frags...my tank is still a little bare.

Fliger
08/02/2006, 01:05 PM
I've been really surprised how much I like it! Last few weeks I've been scouting home and business locations - and one area I think will do really well is where Chandler/Gilbert meet. Its new, they enforce strict guidelines on builders to install nice curbing and exterior landscaping and schools are good.

One Sub that is REALLY gonna be nice and is very affordable right now is the Shea community on Ocotillo near Gilbert Rd. They have some incredible deals on inventory homes. It has windy streets, has "lakes" and low HOA. I don't like those subs where you feel like you live on graph paper - everything is N/S/E/W.

Good luck with the move!

majestic sea life
08/02/2006, 01:07 PM
Yea,

I really love warner ranch(sp?) its super nice just we need to be out in 30days lol. So the house needs to be empty. Ready to move in.

Rekonn
08/02/2006, 02:15 PM
I'm at Alma School and Ryan, I like it. If you have any questions about that area, lemme know. A while ago my wife and I were toying with the idea of moving into a bigger house but decided against it. The realtor still sends me MLS listings though. It's interesting to see the change in the market. The areas we were looking at used to have ~60 houses for sale at a given time. Now it's over 100, and I see a lot more that are marked as "price reduced". Anyway, lookin forward to the reefer party :). There hasn't been a second Parade of Reefs yet, right?

azrednex
08/02/2006, 03:26 PM
I hate HOAs I'm at Elliot and Dobson in a 1978 subdivision.
$300,000 will get you 18 ro 1900 SQ FT here.
I haven't heard a gunshot in the 7 years I've been here(LA native:rolleyes: )

joeyf
08/02/2006, 04:05 PM
My mom and her fiance just bought a 1997 build 2400sq ft 2 story on gilbert & warner for $335 IIRC. There are other smaller houses in the area that are going for less too. This is third house in the same square mile that I've lived in over the past 9 years, its a good area.

elzool
08/02/2006, 04:52 PM
Oh sure, don't move to the west side. Did we scare you and your folks that much when you were over?

Sure, move across town from me and just when I find two more mantis.

Congrats on the quick sell, thats great. Look forward to seeing you again at a local meeting.

majestic sea life
08/02/2006, 04:54 PM
Know we loved your house. If any are for sale on your street let me know.

elzool
08/02/2006, 06:12 PM
heh, just teasin'

but not about the mantis, i have one spoken for when i get it out, if you want the other, i'll let you know

blas
08/02/2006, 06:25 PM
I've been here 13 years bought new and my home appraised at $290000.00!!! A shock considering I paid a mere 80Grand when I bought it : ) I like it here and probably won't move I am at Ray and Dobson just a skip from the 101 and the big mall, good schools and not much crime at least in my area, now if I could make it in San Diego I would!

UberNoober
08/02/2006, 06:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7866500#post7866500 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blas
I've been here 13 years bought new and my home appraised at $290000.00!!! A shock considering I paid a mere 80Grand when I bought it : ) I like it here and probably won't move I am at Ray and Dobson just a skip from the 101 and the big mall, good schools and not much crime at least in my area, now if I could make it in San Diego I would!

I just moved from chandler and dobson....loved the area