PDA

View Full Version : single

becka
06/20/2001, 11:02 AM
Was just browsing and got to thinking. Maybe it was the 'what should I name my baby poll', but how many of us are single? I am always reading about 'my wife says, my husband says, my girlfriend came home, my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts', etc. Just curious to see how many are single in this hobby. I will start, I am recently single. And I am actually enjoying it!! :) Nice to be able to come home and work on my 150 I am setting up (put sand in last night!! ;) ) and not have to worry about waking someone up or them griping b/c I am spending so much money. I am sure I will change my mine though in a few weeks. :)

becka
06/20/2001, 10:31 PM
What? Am I the only one? Surely not. Just to clarify, I wasn't griping about my ex. He used to work for LFS store and shared my salt water passion, so he didn't think I was nuts. :p :D

Aquaman
06/20/2001, 10:43 PM
I remember those days! take off at a moments notice for the keys to go diving. Nobody complaining about how many fish tanks I have running. nobody complaining if I have more than 2 beers.

Oh well.

Kahuna Tuna
06/20/2001, 11:49 PM
My wife says if I spend another dime on my new 180 she's gonna leave me, does that count?. God, I'm gonna miss her. :D

Avi
06/21/2001, 12:01 AM
in 14 and single, but...................BIG PIMPIN!!!!!!! LOL

hesaias
06/21/2001, 06:22 AM
Ha!
I hear ya :D

simonh
06/21/2001, 07:01 AM
I am single too :D

jameso
06/21/2001, 10:24 AM
single

signu459
06/21/2001, 11:13 AM
Nope- got the baby on the way!!!

dc
06/21/2001, 12:42 PM
:D Not me I've been married over half my life! Same guy even. Sometimes it helps to have a sane person to hold you back.

Will UK
06/21/2001, 01:01 PM
Depends on which day of the week it is ;)

Seriouslly tho, I've been single for a couple of months now after a long-term relationship.

Jameso: Didn't know u were single, dunno what I thought u were tho :)

Regards

Will

johnny
06/21/2001, 01:14 PM
I dunno how you guys keep the girls away .....

chicas love clowns ;)

Nick

Niven
06/21/2001, 05:04 PM
Just waiting for the right one to settle down and start a reef with:cool:

Q-ball
06/21/2001, 09:04 PM
Married 6.5 great years...

becka
06/21/2001, 09:06 PM
wow, when you reply you all reply at once! Maybe a few of us who are close could together and have our 'own club'!!!! signu459 Congrats on the baby and DC congrats on finding someone who is sane!!!
Supergood10 sorry but that doesn't count!! :) But have fun while it lasts!!

Hope everyone has a really good weekend. Mine should be intersting. A coworker is obsessed with O-Town and she is dragging me to see them tomorrow night. :)

hesaias
06/22/2001, 07:54 AM
Whats a O-Town? Ive been happily married for 11 years, so im outta the loop as far as single life goes:D

MickO
06/22/2001, 11:48 AM
Been married for almost 3 years. We're in trouble though - we're both nuts!

metamorphis
06/22/2001, 11:56 AM
Single Ladies, your search is over -

http://www.geocities.com/asianprince213/

You can thank me later...

becka
06/22/2001, 12:46 PM
O-town is a band. Remember the show 'Making the Band'? Well, that's them.

Metamorphis - is that you? :)

MrSandman
06/25/2001, 07:01 PM
metamorphis,
Who gave you the link to my website?!?!?!?!?! How did you get that?!?! :D

What is the true definition of single anyways?? Unmarried?? In that case, i'm single too. :)

Hmm..hey Becka...nice avatar..hehe

becka
06/27/2001, 04:54 PM
Don't you just love Tigger?? he's the coolest. and no I beleive I mentioned in my original post boyfriends and girlfriends. So 'unmarried' but seeing someone seriously... sorry you fall into the catergory of not single! :) is it the weekend yet?

becka
10/22/2001, 04:24 PM
thought I would revive this post since there was one about online personals. So.... anyone single? Those that were before, anything change?

dc
10/22/2001, 04:35 PM
Still married!!!! 26yr. in March
:eek1:

becka
10/22/2001, 04:50 PM
Debi - nobody asked you! :) haha! just messing witcha. 26 yrs.... this March or next? Ya know what? you have been married longer than I have been alive! ha! makes ya feel old doesn't it? :) :p

dc
10/22/2001, 04:54 PM
I'm not old! You're just young:p My oldest son is 27 LOL! This coming March. There is something cozy about a lifetime partner. We even still really like each other.:lol:

becka
10/22/2001, 05:14 PM
well great!!! maybe one day I will be lucky like you! :) Till then.... single and glad I am rid of military boy. :)

Carlos
10/22/2001, 07:35 PM
Single and absolutely loving every single minute of it (at least at this point in my life)

Carlos

DC321
10/22/2001, 08:47 PM
Single. I could never spend this kind of money if I was married or had a kid.

Reef Junkie
10/22/2001, 10:52 PM
OMG! A single female Reef addict!:inlove: heh, 31 single, Aries and I have a 180 gallon Reef. With over 300gallons reserve in the sump/fuge. God, where else can you say those thing and have them be a turn on?:lolspin:
Peace,
Billy

SaltwaterKid
10/22/2001, 11:26 PM
Hey Reef Junkie, don't you know that its not the size of your tank that matters. It's how you use it?

Reddobie
10/22/2001, 11:37 PM
39, single, 2 dogs, and 1 reef tank.

Reddobie

Reef Junkie
10/23/2001, 12:23 AM
SaltwaterKid,

Don't be fooled. I don't know who lied to you, but size DOES matter!:eek1:

Peace,
Billy

yanasina
10/23/2001, 01:05 AM
Single for three years.

becka
10/23/2001, 09:40 AM
well, guys.... I will put the squabble to an end.... size DOES matter. But as in reef tanks as well as other things. ;) it can be too big. well, maybe not reef tanks! :D

DC321... oh yeah! Don't ya know it's all about ME! and my tank! :)

and my darling Billy.... right back at ya :love1:

Brian L
10/23/2001, 11:53 AM
Single here too. Specifically, divorced with two kids.

Brian

becka
10/23/2001, 02:33 PM
Reddobie....

what kinds of dogs? I have a 1/2 chow and 1/2 german shepherd. love her! :)

Niven
10/23/2001, 04:46 PM
Still single here, still working part time at the LFS waiting for that super model reef lover to walk in and ask for my opinions on lighting and filtration for her new 240g reef. It'll happen....someday:):D
Gareth

DC321
10/23/2001, 04:55 PM
Holy Cow!

I just checked out that "Asian Prince" site.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

He absolutely SLAYS me.

Reddobie
10/23/2001, 06:51 PM
Hi becka, :wavehand:
Like what my user name says, I have Red Dobermans, 2. They a just big babys, but I still Love them. Bed dogs if you know what I mean. I hope you dog take s after the Shephard part and not the Chow Chow part. Too many Chow bites. :rolleyes:

becka
10/23/2001, 07:01 PM
see now... chows have a bad rap. Just like doberman's, rots, shepherds, etc. My chow knows better to bite anyone for any reason with the ok from me. I was training her once upon a time to attack on command. She obeyed very well. Baby sis had her at a friends house. Friends brothers were messing with Sable. She kept walking away from them. My sis never told her to do anything. Finally sis got tired of it and warned the guys more than once that if they didn't leave her alone she would tell her to bite. They didn't believe her and thought Sable was scared b/c she kept walking away. This had been going on for about 30 mins. Finally after about 10 more mins sis said ok, you asked for it. Gave Sable the command and she launched. Got the biggest jerk right in the throat. Sis told her ok let go. She did. Guy never bothered her again. Oh, and by the way, she did not break the skin. It was just enough to let him know she was tired of playing. Point of the story... all in how they are raised and treated. Another story... about dobies.... when I was living in Boston my neighbor had a dobie. Trixie. She thought my sister was her baby. Literally. Sis was playing with Trixie, dad called her home, she didn't listen. Went to go get her and Trixie said ain't no way you are being mean to my baby. Trixie knew enough to protect but also knew enough not to attack with out provacation and reason. She didn't get my dad. Dad knew her and managed to convince her he wasn't going to hurt sis. All in how they are raised. Except for pit bulls.. they are just evil! :)

becka
10/23/2001, 07:09 PM
I love my chow! she doesn't like kids but tolerates them. My baby cousin kicked her one day. She just looked at him got up and went and crawled in my mom's lap with this poor look on her face like she was tattling and saying protect me. Now when I found out about I went through the roof and I can guarantee you my cousin will NEVER do that again to any dog. She will never mistreat an animal in any way.

petpoor
10/23/2001, 07:26 PM
Sorry has to be a Rot, mine is a sweetie.

Reddobie
10/23/2001, 07:30 PM
Not trying to start a flame war and not hitting on Chows, I have seen alot of nice Chows and also nice Pit Bulls. Dogs are dogs. I like all dogs, but Chows and Pits are not for me. But I can tell you in 21 years of working with animals, daily. I have seen alot more nice Pits, then Chows. And yes it is how the are raised. I seen too many bites from Akitas, Chows, Rotts, Pits, and yes Dobies, to last a life time. Last week, I took a bite report on a 7 year boy old, with his ear ripped off by a Pit.

becka
10/23/2001, 07:37 PM
ok back to the whole reason of the post..... anyone else single? :)

FMarini
10/23/2001, 07:47 PM
Yup...... me too.

never ever married

frank

budhaboy
10/23/2001, 09:15 PM
Uhm Errr ahhh I think so...Havent been slapped when my head turns to follow a pretty woman as she walks by, but I'm never home on weekends...Unless its my turn to have the drunken video game war at 4 am...

petpoor
10/23/2001, 10:00 PM
FMarini,
Smart man!!!!!!!!

dc
10/23/2001, 10:59 PM
Hey Now!!!!!!:mad:

petpoor
10/23/2001, 11:49 PM
DC,
Sorry:sad1:

Psyduck
10/24/2001, 07:00 AM
Yup 24 and single...

nk57
10/24/2001, 07:07 PM
15 years. Not bad for a man I married on 72 hours notice and never went out on a date with.

Nancy

becka
10/24/2001, 07:12 PM
Ok, Nancy... cough up the story. I would like hear about this one! :)

Cakepro
10/25/2001, 12:32 AM
Nancy, yes, do tell! :D

I've been married for 11 years and share this hobby with my husband, but I still have to stash the invoices and answer nebulously when the FedEx man shows up with a big box from FFE or somewhere and my husband asks the inevitable, "Good Lord, how much did THAT cost?". :D :D :D It's really great to share this obsession with a man who gets just as excited about boxes of live rock and other otherwise strange things.

Becka, I'm very glad to hear you broke off with that jerk who will one day realize what he lost. You go girl! If you ever make it down to Houston, let me know, because I have a couple of cute single college-going reefer buddies. :D

~ Sherri ~ :jester:

becka
10/25/2001, 10:26 AM
Sherri... I think some pics are in order! :) And as it just so happens... I was playing around on the net the other night and ran across this guy in Houston. We have been chatting ever since. I was planning a trip to Dallas in the next few weeks, maybe I should go to Houston instead! :)

dc
10/25/2001, 10:46 AM
There you go Becka, Houston sounds good! I want to hear Nancy's story too! I thought we were bad. I asked my husband out, and lived with him within the month. Holloween was our first date! It was fun. I came to work an hour late, with a serious hangover. Waited tables then most of my customers offered to wait on me. I got teased for years over that.

Cakepro
10/25/2001, 03:44 PM
Becka ~ I'll see what I can do (regarding pics). :)

However, beware of those you meet on the 'net -- there is no shortage of reefers around here who hold themselves in nauseatingly high esteem, and those who are :inlove: in love with themselves :inlove: tend not to treat others very well. If every sentence begins with the pronoun 'I' -- steer clear.

~ Sherri ~

becka
10/25/2001, 04:19 PM
oh I know what you are talking about regarding people who thing they are God's gift to whatever! This is not someone I met on this site, just someone I started chatting with and it gives me something to do when it's 8p and I am STILL at work! So what about the story of your meeting and marraige?

Cakepro
10/25/2001, 05:53 PM
My story is sweet but not nearly as interesting as Nancy's, I'm sure!

I met my husband while I was in college studying to be a paramedic. I volunteered with an emergency ambulance service in the north part of Houston before the city fire department took over the entire city. My husband was working on another ambulance whose lead medic (the one in charge) was sleeping with my crew's lead medic, and they agreed for our crews to meet for dinner. (Disgustingly enough, both of the lead medics on our crews were married to other people.) I met my husband that evening in Bennigan's and it was love at first sight :love2:, but it took him two weeks to get the nerve up to ask me out! :D As fate would have it, the lead medic on my ambulance happened to be my husband's coworker (he volunteered as an ambulance driver just for fun but worked as a radiologic technologist), so we were both asking about each other to our mutual friend. We were married 5 months to the day of our first date, and within 4 years had our three children! :love1: :spin1::spin2::spin3: Funny enough, I got married at the age of 19 and still couldn't buy a bottle of wine to have with dinner even though just before my 21st birthday I had two children and had been married for 2 years!

~ Sherri ~

becka
10/28/2001, 06:54 PM
ok Nancy.... where is the story? c'mon you can't leave us hanging!

Sherri... got pics? I recently found out a friend of mine has been stationed in TX and I am thinking about coming to visit him so maybe I can make a long weekend of it and come to Houston too! :) meet those cute college guys! :D

horge
10/29/2001, 12:02 AM
Waiting on Nancy.
:D

MtnDewMan
10/29/2001, 01:30 AM
Single, 38, in Seattle :)

becka
11/02/2001, 07:27 PM
shameless bump

nancy... where are you? we are all eagerly waiting....

:)

Aquamans Reef
11/02/2001, 07:53 PM
I remember those days of being awake till 3 in the morning on the web and cleaning spilled water. Hopefully my girlfriend/ soon tobe fiance will understand. :rolleyes:

nk57
11/02/2001, 08:57 PM
OK here's the story.... My husband used to work across the hall from me. We were friendly at work but he wasn't like my best friend or anything. Mostly he came in and drank from my coffee pot and read my newspaper. He was also the worst dresser I had ever seen. Polyester all the way! Anyhow, he had a cool little brownstone and he used to rent out rooms to whomever needed one. So.. he rents a room to a 19 year old girl who had a baby and was on welfare. Lo and behold while living in that room, she has another baby but puts Roger's name on the birth certificate. She never tells him but she does up and take a crack overdose and dies in the apartment. Roger tracks down baby number one's dad and sends him off to live with him. But... there is this other baby who is only 5 months old and he is listed on the birth certificate so... social servces won't take the baby but tells him he should apply for custody. Being a mensch (moron) he goes to get custody and his lawyer says " you don't have enough financial resources to get this baby. Come back to court with a wife who has a big W-2 form.
This is where I come in...... He shows up at my apartment and says " I need a favor... I need to produce a wife with a big paycheck in family court in 2 weeks.... can you help me out" So being the other matching mensch ( moron), I say..."sure".
And so... we got married. And... we're still married. The baby turned out to be a schizophrenic with reactive attachement disorder. He had been in and out of psychiatric hospitals by the time he was in kindergarten and had reported both me and my husband for abuse and neglect by the time he was in second grade! Sadly enough while in a residential facility, he took his own life. And... Roger and I are still together.

nancy

DC321
11/02/2001, 09:11 PM
Holy crap Nancy! What a story!

nk57
11/02/2001, 09:23 PM
Oddly enough, while we've had disagreements about the usual ( mortgage, pets, why I have to spend 300.00 on a Prada bag...) we've never really had a serious argument or fight...So I guess its been good match.

Nancy