PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tangs

vanmle
07/31/2006, 02:12 AM
Do your blue tangs swim funny? Do they swim like they can barely keep themselves afloat and are going to drown any minute?

Mine does. It eats well and is out and about, but it swims very odd.

sir_dudeguy
07/31/2006, 02:55 AM
did you just get him? or did he just start doing this or wht? i know they swim kinda funny...but i dont know if they're sposed to do that...but then again i dont have a tang, so i dont know that they're not supposed to do that either.

Frizz
07/31/2006, 09:51 AM
Mine swam like that but it looks just like the blue tang in Finding Nemo so it is probably normal.
Anyway, I lost both of my blue tangs, the giant Royal Gramma & all of my shrimp yesterday so I no longer have any blue tangs :(
Frizz

vanmle
08/01/2006, 10:42 AM
I am so sorry to hear that.

frontosa_man80
08/01/2006, 11:05 AM
if you mean the hippo tang then yes. mine swims like a bird flys. it always looks like its going to crash into the bottom of the tank if he quits "flapping".

-jesse

Frizz
08/01/2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks Vanmie,
We had a fairly long power outage the other night. My water chemistry has been kinda touchy lately anyway & that just sent it over the edge. I think all is balanced out again for the time being but I won't be adding anything animals for quite a while till I am sure that the problem has been resolved.
Frizz

vanmle
08/01/2006, 12:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7856484#post7856484 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by frontosa_man80
if you mean the hippo tang then yes. mine swims like a bird flys. it always looks like its going to crash into the bottom of the tank if he quits "flapping".

-jesse

Exactly. Good. Mine was so thin when I got it that I thought it was swimming like that because it was weak, but I guess that is the way it swims.

Pretty funny to watch.

truthdesigns
08/01/2006, 01:01 PM
watch dorey from nemo swim...... yeeeeeee lol

UberNoober
08/01/2006, 05:24 PM
I had a hippo tang for about a week, it was so small and cute, then it swam too close to the power head and got sucked onto it, lost him a couple days later :(