PDA

View Full Version : Hey locals, list your want to buy corals here, like we talked about at the meeting.

Mr James
07/30/2006, 10:30 PM
EDIT*** New stuff below.

I'm geeked, my CR is hooked up and running!! Let's order some corals like we talked about.

Check out some of these frag packs:

Great price and is in FL.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=896532

This guy has been around a while and has a good reputation:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=895440

same with this guy:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=895618

one more, again, another RC native:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=892368

Tony list yours too.

SueQ
07/31/2006, 03:14 PM
What would be some good, colorful things suitable for a newbie?

hooker18
07/31/2006, 09:20 PM
still working on getting and keeping calcium up. ill let you know as soon as its ready for sps.

Mr James
07/31/2006, 10:00 PM
We don't have to get just SPS. Color comes in all shapes and sizes. I would love a bubble coral, open and closed brain, try my hand at finger coral, and then there is always zooanthids. I'm not paying forty dollars a polyp but you can get lots of colors and still keep it cheap. The problem right now zoo's are in high demand and the price has gone up. Back in the day zoo's were pests and nobody wanted them. Even if you see other corals for sale I'd go in on that. SPS are easy to frag that's why they are so plentiful.
Now that the calcium reactor is going does anyone want to buy/trade my two part BIonic??

FatTony
08/02/2006, 12:44 PM
Hey all, I've got a ton of zoanthid color forms. Well, Johnny has them right now. They're still in polyp form (not colonies yet) but I'd be more than happy to spread the wealth once they start propagating. Orange/purple, blue/blue, blue/green, green, pink/tan, brown palythoa, aqua blue, and orange/green. As for stuff I want to get, I've got my eye on pocilopora and acropora right now. They have some AMAZING colors available. Now I just have to get my tank back up...

Mr James
08/02/2006, 08:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7864026#post7864026 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FatTony
As for stuff I want to get, I've got my eye on pocilopora and acropora right now. They have some AMAZING colors available.

That's right!! C'mon man. Let's get you even a 55g tank. Hey, I looked at a cube tank, that'd be pretty cool. A 2' x 2' x 2' is a 60g tank. That would be the envy of everyone around here. You could run a single 400w MH over it and have no worries. Cubes are so clean!! If you want me to help you look, I will. Then it's onto acro's!! They are the easiest to frag in my opinion.

dxtr
08/05/2006, 04:39 PM
I spoke to Dave at Aquaria and as I thought, he would have no problem with us going there, buying some corals and fragging on site. definately something to plan on in the near future.

He didn't have too much in the tanks as I think he sold most of his order throught the week.

Mr James
08/05/2006, 06:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7885043#post7885043 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dxtr
I spoke to Dave at Aquaria and as I thought, he would have no problem with us going there, buying some corals and fragging on site. definately something to plan on in the near future.

Now that sounds like a fun time!! Let's plan to do this one of these months, but let's plan it in advance so we get everything right.

IslandCrow
08/06/2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I went to his shop Saturday, and it was pretty sparse. He did end up talking me into a flame hawkfish, though. I really need to stop going there. That guy's going to drive me to bankruptcy.

Anyway, I'd probably be up for going in on an acro pack. I'd like to try out some SPS, but I want to take it pretty slow. It sounds like other people with T-5s have had some good success, so I'm feeling lucky. I'm also always on the lookout for some interesting blastos. I don't think I saw any in those links, but I may have missed it. Anyway, I probably shouldn't get anything new until next month, since I'll be heading out of town for a couple weeks in the near future.

gigi4539
08/14/2006, 10:16 AM
Any one in the panhandle that is looking to do trades?
This is what I have to offer

Monti Dig Frags (Blue)

Brians

Zoo's

Ricordia

Xina

Thanks