PDA

View Full Version : Petland

RobTop
07/26/2006, 03:15 PM
Anyone been to the Petland by Cherry Valley lately? My daughter wanted to go to a fish store today, and how could I say no? Since I wasn't looking to buy anything I figured I would save some gas and go there. It has been close to a year since I had been there and I must say I was impresssed. I didn't see a sick fish in any of the tanks. I would go so far as to say most fish looked quite healthy and happy. They started putting receipt dates on the tank with each fish's price. Thought that was kind of a good idea. They had a hand full of nice acro frags too. I almost bought a very nice looking acro, deep purple with blue tips. One coral I believe was miss labled. Marked as a blasto, and if I'm not mistaken it was a flower pot. It was red though, not the typical green. But not the happiest looking thing in the store. Now all they have to do is keep this up and offer some sort of service, like anything. A "can I help you" would be nice, but I would settle for even a head nod. That and a discount for Rockford Reefers:D they might, might get a buck or two of mine.

ahuxman58
07/26/2006, 03:53 PM
i know the people at petland and have done business with them in the past with some good results at times and some not so good results , but im not gonna bad mouth anyone , they are in the business to make money

SHowald72
07/26/2006, 08:07 PM
They have a lot to learn yet. I have sold some corals to them and have tried to advise them on coral care. I am no expert, but at least they listened and upgraded the lighting. Hopefully now with the new club I will have outlets to trade or sell my overgrowth to fellow hobbiests rather than the LFS. Hope to meet all of you at Andy's.

Bryan89
07/27/2006, 08:41 AM
I am always looking for frags. :)

Bryan

BenjieC
07/28/2006, 05:26 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7820991#post7820991 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SHowald72
They have a lot to learn yet. I have sold some corals to them and have tried to advise them on coral care. I am no expert, but at least they listened and upgraded the lighting. Hopefully now with the new club I will have outlets to trade or sell my overgrowth to fellow hobbiests rather than the LFS. Hope to meet all of you at Andy's.

Now all they need is some powerheads for more flow. I'm sure those sps frags that they have are loving that 200gph that's trickling from the overflow. I also wonder if they have a skimmer on the coral system.

I also argued with the guy about an 8 line wrasse I got. He claims that it was a 4 line, but I counted 8 lines and my literature said it was an 8 line. But he still said it was 4, even if the invoice says it's a 4 line doesn't make it correct.

I haven't bought anything from them since I found Rod's Reef, unless I need someting in a pinch. I go and look periodically though.

lynetteww125
07/29/2006, 10:06 PM
I go into Petland pretty regularly to look around. I have never had any trouble with getting help in there. I swear everybody that works in the fish dept knows who my bf and I are. I do not want to knock Petland...they do a pretty good job overall...but it is kinda hit and miss when it comes to shopping there. There are times there stuff doesn't look overly good but there are times is looks amazingly healthy. I give them credit for what they are able to do though.