PDA

View Full Version : empty salt buckets?

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 11:43 AM
anyone have any empty salt buckts that they dont need anymore? i need a lid too.

thanks
mike

jpslickorocks
07/26/2006, 01:53 PM
good luck with that those things are like gold lol

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 02:49 PM
lol i know..i just dont wanna pay the 50 bucks for a whole thing of salt just to get the bucket. I've got 2 bags of io that are unopened, but i use so little of it at a time that the other bag (there were 3 in the box that i got from AA) got completely hard lol...i guess it wasnt completely airtight after i rolled up the end and put one of those "big clips" on it. so basically, i just wasted half a bag of salt haha. I tried mixing it but it was horrible...most of it just sank to the bottom of the water change water, and even after i stirred for half hour, put a powerhead in it, and let it circulate overnight...still a bunch of crystals floating around. The 80% humidity in my room didnt help the salt stay soft and un-solid either lol.

anyways, i just need a bucket so that i can put the rest of the GOOD salt in it, so that it wont get moisture in there and harden like the other bag did.

MattD004
07/26/2006, 03:23 PM
Aquatouch sell empty oceanic buckets with lids for $3

rljlll
07/26/2006, 03:26 PM
the petco next to your house sell the buckets too

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 03:57 PM
will they be airtight tho? for the oceanic and the ones at petco? and do you know offhand how much the petco ones are? i might run over there to get one...

jpslickorocks
07/26/2006, 04:04 PM
that is awesome I did not know that. I am gonna go get a few as well

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 04:16 PM
i just called petco. The dude said that they used to sell the IO and oceanic buckets, but they just switched to "petco" buckets...he claims that he tested them and they're actually more air tight than the IO ones...think its true? he seamed more knowledgeable (wow..spelling lol) than most of the people u run into there...he said something about if you're still worried, to just put some ceran wrap over it and then put the lid on...think that would work? he said that the buckets were the same size as the io buckets and that they were 7 bucks each...

should i go for it or no?

rljlll
07/26/2006, 05:12 PM
i would sounds like you talked to dustin if so he knows what he is talking about go for it go in and see the buckets to make sure they are good one but i would

rljlll
07/26/2006, 05:13 PM
or martins sells the IO buckets with salt for 35ish you will use the salt eventually

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 05:29 PM
ya, i wouldnt be using the salt for another...4 months or so prolly lol. Anyways, i went and got one. it ended up being 9 something...well, actually i made it an even 10 and just gave the change to the "help a stray dog foundation" or whatever it was lol. I think it will be good...i got my salt in it right now so i hope so haha. The lid is kinda hard to get on, but once you do...its on pretty good. I think i'll still put the ceran wrap over just to be sure...

and i dont think it was dustin...unless he's like, 15 haha...or is he???

hoopscity
07/26/2006, 05:33 PM
Doesn't HD sell those 5 gallon buckets with lids?

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 05:45 PM
ya probably lol...prolly cheaper too...but im not sure if the lids are as good on those?

azhockeynut
07/26/2006, 07:16 PM
I've got one at the house, in the garage. IO bucket. free for the taking. if you want to donate a frag of some shroom or something like that I can't say no. :) NE Mesa, Power and Thomas area. Only thing is, I leave Friday AM for 2 week vacation. It will still be there when I get back.
PM me if you can get it by then.

Rich

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 07:45 PM
dang..right after i pay for one from petco lol..

Stirfry001
07/26/2006, 09:37 PM
I think that younger guy at Petco is Ryan, he just started working like a week ago.

sir_dudeguy
07/26/2006, 11:20 PM
kinda shorter guy? short brown hair? (i think it was anyways lol)