PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Xenia available

AZreefkeeper
07/26/2006, 09:48 AM
Hi All,
We are planning a trip to IKEA this sunday, (from Oracle). Is anyone interested in
Red Sea Xenia ? I would be willing to meet you at IKEA around 10AM if interested. All I ask is that you don't stand me up as we plan on shopping all day and the corals will more than likely COOK in the car. Here is a pic. if interested please PM.
http://www.javadaze.com/xenia_w.jpg

AZreefkeeper
07/26/2006, 12:47 PM
So many people are calling xenias by differant names it hard to say. I will describe to the best of my ability the differant strains I have personally come accross. Please feel free to add any comments or corrections.

True Pom Pom is from Fiji it grows thick Med. stalks, kinda looks like a Sarcophyton, I have seen Red Sea called pom pom as well but its not.

Bali looks like Fiji Pom Pom but it has a butterscotch polyp.

Fiji Pom Pom has a silvertip veriety kinda steel blue polyp.

Blue Xenia from Indo is encrusting and not much to look at.

Hetro xenia looks most like a Sarcophyton but white in color,tall thick stalk

Elongata grow in like a tree branching off an can grow tall, this is what I've seen in the local fish stores everywhere and is called pulsing xenia.

Thin Bar looks like elongata but sometimes has color varieations, like Mike Paletta yellow, yellow bar. this is the one pictured next to the Red Sea.

Cespitularia (East Africa) is discribed as blue xenia, it is very different from Indo. blue xenia.
It is by far the most sought after of the xenia family because of the irridescent blue green color it puts off. my personal fav.

hope this helps.

Westy82
07/26/2006, 03:15 PM
Ill take some, how much do you have left and how much are you getting rid of? how big will the frags be? Xenia would make a great addition to my tank

AZreefkeeper
07/26/2006, 03:20 PM
I have many rubble rock with different sizes on them, I was thinking 10 for the thinner smaller stalks and 20 for the larger thicker stalks. I would trade but don't plan on going right home.

Let me know what you'd like and I will bring it.

truthdesigns
07/26/2006, 03:28 PM
I would love some xenia!!! I live close to IKEA
sending PM with my phone number Thank You

AZreefkeeper
07/26/2006, 03:32 PM
All that are interested please send me # I can reach you at on Sat. to confirm.

Most of the pieces are multiple stalks.

AZreefkeeper
07/29/2006, 05:55 PM
I sent PMs to all that were interested, if you decide you don't want them please respond either to this thread or PM me again. 10:30 Ikea, look for white Yukon parked away from everyone else.

Thanks all

truthdesigns
07/30/2006, 01:47 AM
See you there!

newhere
07/30/2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the xenia. Very healthy and happy in new tank.