PDA

View Full Version : Help eye booboo's

SeaNemesis
05/26/2002, 05:19 PM
I rescued a baby octopus in February, however this is the second time that he has gotten booboo's around his eyes. The skin just seems to fall off and gets white. It was starting to heal up and I was told by a friend that he probably tried to squeeze into something, but now this is the second time. He is eating like a pig as usual and he will come out when I am near the tank. Any clues what this may be?

OctoMonkey
05/27/2002, 06:11 AM
Hi Alisa,

Sorry, I have no experience of that with cephs. can you describe more about it?

My initial reactions would just be to check in the tank for sharp objects if you think your octo may be squeezing past stuff or give your water quailty a quick check.

Are you keeping anything like damsels with your octo? They are known to peck at cephs eyes...

If it is still eating then i dont think it is old age just yet...

C

SeaNemesis
05/27/2002, 08:32 PM
He is in a tank with just a flounder type fish that was just added to the tank recently. He is in a 30 gal with just one large live rock. He has adopted a conch shell as his home. I know he is not old because when I got him he was very small and is 4 times the size he was when I got him. It looks as though it is starting to heal again. Water quality is not an issue, everything is great.