PDA

View Full Version : coral is grumpy

corivus
07/24/2006, 08:39 PM
so I changed out my two 60w pc lighting for a 36" 2x 96w pc light and suddenly my kenya tree's polyp's have closed up and have stayed the same for a while, my salinity is at about 1.025 but I've been reading that's acceptable, this didn't happen till I added the light. Should I move it to my fuge? since thats what currently has one of the old lights on it?

kirstenk
07/24/2006, 08:41 PM
Try moving it down lower and off to the side and see what happens. It should bounce back.

corivus
07/24/2006, 08:44 PM
ok I'll try that right now, hopefully the clown's don't get to grumpy at me, they've been biting at me a lot whenever I go to check on the kenya :O

moved it, the clowns bit me a bit, are they just being territorial or just little punks? this has been starting to bug me more now that they actually start to bite me instead of head butting me like they used to

aztbs
07/24/2006, 10:31 PM
My clowns bite, it is very common for them to do so. They charge out of nowhere. I am sure the Kenya will recover. If it doesn't, I have five more pieces you can have to make up for it. :)

widefx
07/24/2006, 10:37 PM
I have a bunch too if you ever end up needing some mine is starting to frag itself

corivus
07/30/2006, 03:47 PM
well it started to recover I put it on the bottom of the tank, and my clowns decided to knock it over, not sure if it was an accident or not but they seemed to of done this the last week twice in a row and now today is the third time, I woke up to it being knocked on the ground and them staring at me at the top of the tank. Should I move these guys out of there?I don't mind too much but when I start getting more variety I'm worried they'll start knocking over more stuff :(