PDA

View Full Version : Good reef shops?

milab
07/22/2006, 06:52 PM
I live in Omaha, Nebraska, however, my pops stays in Louisville. I was wondering what stores to visit when I'm visiting. I'm mostly into zoas and mushroom polyps. Any suggestions.

Tanked
07/26/2006, 09:18 PM
Link to list on LMAS site:

http://lmas.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=1

Would also add East End Aquatics at
1300 Lyndon Lane
Louisville, KY 40222
502-339-8811

EastEndAquatics.com

Jeremy Blaze
07/29/2006, 02:53 PM
IMO Aquatica has the best zoas, and acros.

Sandys Pet Shop has nice corals and fish as well.

kypatriot
07/31/2006, 12:30 PM
I didn't know about Aquatica, so I'll be checking it out.

I really like East End Aquatics, enough that I drive 80 miles 1-way to get there. I don't think you can beat the service, and they remember you personally there.

Hurt
08/12/2006, 10:14 PM
Aquatica by far in away IMHO. Good selection of SPS(largest I've seen in Louisville), even better prices compared to the other LFS. Todd is a class act guy to deal with.

mandktod
08/29/2006, 06:18 PM
I'm a big fan of Sandy's, I wouldn't waste my time to drive to East End, I sold them some corals once, they told me to bring all I could whenever I could so I did some more fragging and drove all the way there only to be told they don't buy from people they don't know.

I had spent some pretty good money there and all of the sudden they did not know me. I was always a little uneasy about all the dead and dying fish they had in their tanks anyway.

I like Aquatica as well he always has good looking stuff and not too bad on prices but he has strange hours and several times I drove there and he wasn't open, it is too far out of my way to find him closed.

Sandy's has always had what I needed and has always treated me fair in credit for coral frags. All I have ever wanted was store credit for supplies, I have never asked anyone for cash. I know they turn my frags around and make big bucks off of them but if I walk out with what I needed I was happy. So East end can take a flying leap.

PatrickB101
09/18/2006, 07:55 PM
i like aquatica.

Brandon if you come to louisville feel free to drop me a line Aquatica reef is great.

There are also several guys in the club selling frags.

If your into zoos though aquatica has the best in town.