PDA

View Full Version : June 8th Meeting, 8PM

DrkShadow
05/25/2002, 11:24 AM
The June 8th meeting will be at my house this month. Attached is a map that will help. I am in Yukon in the Miller's Gate housing edition which is on the south side of NW 39th Street between Mustang Road and Sara Road. The easiest way to get here if your not close is to take I-40 W or E depending on your direction of course to Yukon. Get off at the Mustang Road exit and go North. After a few miles take a right (East) onto NW 39th Street. I'm in the housing edition you see on your right. When you turn into Milelr Gate, your on Tori Place. Go straight and follow the curve to the left. My house is about 3 houses before the end on the right side (3909). If you get lost, my # is 350-9554.

It's possible I might actually be a tad late for my own meeting since my flight get's in around 7. I should be ok weather permitting. I'll probably try a early morn standby flight.
My father will be here just in case, he used to have a reef tank in the old days before DSB and all the new techniques.

Hope to see you there!

Don Davis
06/04/2002, 12:44 PM
^

DrkShadow
06/05/2002, 09:41 AM
I'll be there ontime.. Changed my flight to Fri AM. :D

SeanF
06/05/2002, 07:16 PM
Everyone should show up for this one. Pet Vet is going to donate a couple of items to the club to raffle off. We have decided on one item already(retail value $64.99). So as you can see it will be well worth your while to attend. I would also like to mention that we just got a huge load of corals in. 49 to be exact. Some excellent pieces. I would say well worth the trip out to Midwest City. We will also be adding VHO to one of the coral tanks so we can start carrying SPS.

rldavis
06/05/2002, 09:25 PM
SeanF,

Did you guys by any chance get any fire shrimps? We're still looking for at least one, maybe three. :D

Thanks and we'll see you Saturday night.
Becky

SeanF
06/05/2002, 09:39 PM
Sorry I ordered them but that was one of the things I got shorted on along with all of the anemones I ordered. I have a more reliable source on them that I might try soon.

Don Davis
06/06/2002, 03:28 PM
WARNING!!!!!!!! There will be alcohol present at this months meeting.

Richard and I are going in on the Tyson/Lewis fight Saturday Night. If anyone else is interested in pitching in and hanging around for the fight after the meeting, just bring a few extra bucks to help Richard pay the cable guys.

Who knows, alcohol might actually help drive up the attendance.:D

Later,

Don

SeanF
06/06/2002, 06:38 PM
Hey Don I should be able to get a hold of some fire shrimp next week. They seem like they are going to be kind of spendy though and just wanted to see how bad you wanted them before I went ahead and ordered them. Also have another question for you. I know someone that is having a problem with some flat worms destroying their reef and was wondering what they can do about it?

rldavis
06/06/2002, 07:02 PM
Flat worms, man that sucks. That's one thing that we've never ended up with thankfully (knock on wood). I've seen a tank plagued with them and it's awful. Unfortunately, there's really no sure fire way to get rid of them. Some say that they just die off on their own. Some say that a 6-line wrasse or mandarin will eat them, but it's a crapshoot. I saw a thread here not too long ago about a new product that was being voluntarily tested by people with "the plague" and it seemed to work pretty well. I'm not sure it's commercially available yet and some people had some pretty bad problems after using it, most likely related to an ammonia spike after the mass die off. Do a search here and on reefs.org for flat worms and you'll find all kinds of stuff that people have tried to get rid of them. There's always siphoning them off too. I also remember seeing something recently about a shrimp that someone in Texas is collecting that is reported to eat them too, the search should find something on that too. I wish them luck, apparently they're VERY hard to get rid of.
If they're not the dreaded red flat worms, I wouldn't worry so much about them.

HTH,
Becky

OscarBeast
06/08/2002, 04:23 PM
The tranny in my coutour is acting up.....

I won't be able to attend...

:(

Stupid car.

SeanF
10/11/2002, 08:47 PM
I thought some people might need some directions to this months (october) meeting.

Don Davis
10/11/2002, 09:14 PM
Here's some better directions. Those last ones were kind of confusing for people who aren't familiar with the area.

I am located right off 39th street between Sara Rd and Mustang Rd in Yukon. note: Mustang Rd is now open from I40, I forgot it was closed at the last meeting for re-surfacing. Wish they would redo the pathetic Yukon roads

Depending on which direction you are coming from take I40 West or East towards Yukon/El Reno and exit at the Mustang Road exit.
Go North (Make a right) on Mustang Rd, proceed north until you reach 39th Street, might be marked as Main Street I can't remember, you will need to make a right which will take you east.
The first housing edition you see on your right (Miller's Gate) is where you need to make a right into. The street is Tori Place which is the street I am on. Stay to your right when you enter the edition and it will curve slightly to the south. My house # is 3909 Tori Pl. and will be on your right, about 3 houses from the end.

You could take 39th Expressway/Route 66 West to Yukon as well instead of I40 depending on where your coming from. The edition is across the street from the old Quality Cheverolet that closed down. If you get lost feel free to call me 8235907.

-Richard

Don