PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help

evolust
07/21/2006, 05:53 PM
I have an rodi unit in the garage and it is plumbed thru the attic to both sump of my 2 tanks. One tank has a regular float valve and the other has one of the suction tubes that is hooked to a controler sort of thing. Anyways, I dont run chillers , just fans. I get a lot of evap so it is topping off a little bit at a time on and off all day. The water coming out of the float is supper hot as it has been sitting in my attic. So all day when the lights are on and the temp is going up the hot water is just adding to the problem. Is there anyway to only make the topoff water come on at night? I know I can turn the ro unit off but that means everyday I have to turn it on and off. Looking for a easy way to fix the problem. TIA!

jpslickorocks
07/21/2006, 05:57 PM
replace the float with this and put it on a timer

http://www.autotopoff.com/products/S/index.htm

rljlll
07/21/2006, 07:03 PM
dude Jeremy that is a cool link

grenaria
07/21/2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks Jeremy! I didn't even know I needed that until I saw it :lol:. It's exactly what I was looking for, for a pet project.

jpslickorocks
07/22/2006, 12:15 PM
glad to help....

ZoeReef
07/22/2006, 02:31 PM
I have a similar problem in that my water supply goes 60' through the ceiling to get to my tank. I do have a chiller though, so I actually added an extra 12' of RO tubing into the RO supply line that runs behind my tank. I made coils of that extra tubing and put them in my sump so the water is pre-cooled in my sump on the way to the RO unit. Of course this is different from your situation in that you don't have a chiller but I thought it fit the general sense of the thread.