PDA

View Full Version : fish questions

Kelly68
07/20/2006, 06:19 PM
I downgraded my 210 to a 46 bowfront. I love the tank, but having fish issues. About a month ago it got ick. I was mad. But now all is well..has been for about 3 weeks. I have one fire goby left as well as my hawkfish. I came to the conclusion that he killed my cleaner shrimp once he was put in the small tank and is a jackass to my goby. He likes "HIS" tank.

Well, I have a little hair algae issue that I want to control now and I know lawnmower blennies work well. But afraid of what Floyd will do. Do you think a nice size blenny would survive the wrath of Floyd?

Thanks

p.s. I am going to try and see if I can get a picture to attach so you can see what my tank looks like.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/10666340600072__WinCE_.JPG

sarduci
07/20/2006, 07:58 PM
The long nose hawks are "suspose" to be a big of a pain for less aggressive fish. He's use to a much larger tank with much more space as his.

Hard to say about the blenny. Depends on the size of the hawkfish and how much the blenny will put up with being the "new fish".

sarduci
07/20/2006, 07:59 PM
Oh, and, nice tank! =?)

Kelly68
07/20/2006, 08:19 PM
He is not a long nose....sorry. He is a dwarf hawkfish. He is really cool. And thanks for the compliment on the tank. Wouldn't let me post a bigger picture. It is really nice looking though. I am in the market here soon for a few frags to add to it...looking for some green star polyps and some more zoos. My zoos for once are doing awesome. Couldn't make it to the swap...had a rummage sale that weekend, then my 13 year old busted his elbow really bad and had to go in for emergency surgery. His summer is shot.

07/21/2006, 04:09 PM
I have a sailfin tang that just destroys the hair algae. I have a bunch of lavander star polyps that are going to be going for online shipping soon. I have some sps too. Not too much for zoos anymore. I need to grow some out first. Bunch of palys though.

S.