PDA

View Full Version : Favorite LFS

Squidman
05/23/2002, 11:23 AM
Hi everybody. I just found this forum thanks to an email from Jerry. I've been keeping FW aquariums for about 20 years and just recently took the plunge into marine. I was wondering which shops you guys respect and trust the advice of. I do most of my shopping at Neptune's and occasionally Reef Gallery. I try to buy most of my stuff at Neptune's because I really like the staff there.

Anyhow, I'm pleased to have found this forum am very excited to try and come to a club meeting some time. I look forward to meeting some of you. :D

SeaMatt Nematocyt
05/23/2002, 01:07 PM
We have a LFS review section which I think Jerry sent you the link on.
My personal favorite is Great Barrier Reef.
Their reef selection is pretty impressive, the prices went up a bit, but you will get very healthy specimens. The staff their is very knowledgeable and the owners are always willing to answer questions and offer solutions. I have tried other shops and found none that compare to GBR.
Check em out and see for yourself.
There are other shops I have been to, but in light of this thread, I will not start a flame.

Always remember to trust your research first, and then evaluate a shops knowledge second. You will always be pleased by following that little tip.

Enjoy the marine experience and get ready for pure obsession.