PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT 10G or less acrylic tank in LA.

MrSandman
05/23/2002, 01:12 AM
I'm looking for a 10G or less acrylic tank in So. Cal. with or without lights. I will trade for SPS frags or will pay cash. If i trade for frags, i'll hook you up nicely.

Project Reef
05/23/2002, 05:09 PM
Hey Ramon, Email me at Projectreef@aol.com

I need some frags again soon...

Fridmani
05/23/2002, 07:49 PM
Ramon,

I've got a 10gal. tank that I drilled for a sump, if you're interested. You just have to remove the bulkhead.

Ed

Project Reef
05/23/2002, 08:15 PM
Ramon, I've seen Ed's 10gallon, you would just need to cap the bulkhead and it would work awesome for what you're looking for.

He also has a 15 gallon with a built in filter, that is super cool. I would get the 15 gallon if I was you.

As far as the frags,

I want the green electric millepora, green millepora, pink milli, and the blue tipped stag. But not now bro, I will get em from you in a month or so... after I set up my new tank.

Ed. I ordered my new tank from the LFS! LOL Cheap too.

32" long x 20" tall x 24" wide... Perfect demensions. Can't wait till I get it.

MrSandman
05/23/2002, 08:35 PM
Ed,
Thanks for the offer. What did you want for it? Where exactly is the bulkhead located? What are the dimensions? Is it just the tank? any hood/cover? This tank is gonna be for a 3" mantis shrimp or maybe a small octopus.

Ali,
Those frags you mentioned are from my largest colonies. I should have alot to spare when you're ready.

Ramon

Fridmani
05/24/2002, 12:32 AM
Ramon,

It has 2 BH's on the side. It is a standard 10 gallon tank. I probably have a hood somewhere around the garage for it. It's not the fanciest tank. I didn't know what you wanted with it. It's primarily a small sump. Like Ali said, I do have a 15 gallon system II that's really nice. You an have the 10 gallon for $30 and the 15 gallon for $50. I know we tried to hook up earlier, let's see if we can arrange something next week.

MrSandman
05/24/2002, 12:38 AM
Ed,
This tank is for a desktop nano at work, so its gotta be somewhat pleasing to the eye. ;). 15G may be a bit too big. Would u happen to have anything smaller? Even a 6G would be good..hehe.

Ramon

Project Reef
05/24/2002, 02:59 PM
Ramon,

David and I went to SeaSide Tropical, right at the very end of Beach Blvd. Right before the actual beach. Anyway they had this cool little tank, filter, pc light, awesome design, VERY aesthetic looking. He wanted i think 25 bucks for it. He had about 10 of em.

dattack
05/24/2002, 05:15 PM
SO how much did you pay for the tank project reef?

Project Reef
05/24/2002, 05:55 PM
lol dat, I didn't buy it, but me and david were thinking about getting one each, and telling him 2 for $40. lol

Fridmani
05/24/2002, 06:31 PM
Ramon,

Sorry, those are the only ones I have. If it's just for a mantis shrimp, why not try an eclipse?

MrSandman
05/24/2002, 06:45 PM
Ali,
Why not make it 3 for 60? hehe. What type of filter did it have? bioballs? HOB? Did it come w/ a bulb and ballast too? All that for 25 bucks? glass or acrylic? what were the approx dimensions?

Ed,
I've considered an Eclipse filter but did not want to risk putting a heater in the main tank w/ a mantis. I was planning on just getting that new HOB Tetra-tec surge filter w/ the heater module. All i really need is a tank only.