PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Get Prawn Eggs???

Atticus
05/22/2002, 08:23 PM
I have been reading about the use of prawn eggs in this forum forever. I am getting ready for my Banggaiis to try again and I want to be ready. I have all the feeding info and items necisary to succeed except for the prawn eggs. I know they are not necissary for success, but I would like to have them here to try when the day arrives. Any websites or store info would be greatly appreciated. Travis

FMarini
05/22/2002, 09:03 PM
Atticus:
i would do a search-in this forum only. There have two recent threads which come to mind, which suggested that an online retailer would sell these eggs, one sleeve at a time.
If you found the original thread twe found an donline distributor which sold the prawn eggs, problem was the guy wanted you to buy 10lbs of the stuff at a time.
So do a search (i think it was premimum or jeffs that was gonna sell the stuff)
frank

Atticus
05/23/2002, 04:52 PM
Frank,
Thank you for your reply. I talked to Jason at Premium and he said they should be carrying them in a couple weeks.

Laura D
05/23/2002, 05:59 PM
Atticus,

If you need someone to split a large order with, I am here! I have been want to get some for some time. I have another batch of banggers due any day now and I am real real real sick of the 24/7 baby brine hatching. I would love to have another food to try, and it seems like prawn eggs are it!

Also, where were you last Saturday? You missed the frag trade!

Atticus
05/23/2002, 10:12 PM
I was there, you met me. :D We never really got a chance to talk though. I was going to tell you that I too have a bangaii with a mouth full. I came home from work Friday night and looked in the tank to get ready for the Saturday meeting and there he was swimming around like a fat old chipmunk.:D That is the first time I have ever witnessed that. Needless to say he aborted early this week, but he will be ready for his next try. So, far it sounds like I can get prawn eggs from Premium. I don't know how large the packages will be or if we would be better off buying a 10lb box and splitting it between a few of us. How long do your banggaii take between batches? Should I expect him to be carrying again very soon or in a few weeks? Talk to you soon, Travis

Laura D
05/24/2002, 09:20 AM
Silly me! I forgot that you , Travis, were Atticus, LOL I had your RC name mixed up with another quad citier. Yes I remember you.

All that I have to do to get him carrying really is start feeding heavy two or three times a day. If I get on that schedule, he will be carrying withing three days. I have noticed that if I only feed sparingly, he never carries. This is only going to be the second batch that I rise, my other babies are almost grownups! I had been moving last month and didn't notice that he had eggs until I was acclimating him to his new tank at my new house! What a trooper he is. Anyway, his mouth is gaping open with babies, and I have started a small batch of baby brine, just to be ready when they come.

Keep me in mind if it looks like we may need to order large batches and split them. There is a couple other people I know around here who may be intrested. I would love it if Premium would start selling prawn eggs, hopefully in small flats like the other frozen foods, but I have been hearing that they will start carrying it for some time now, and I have been waiting.