PDA

View Full Version : Ferando Nosratpour Presentation - 7/15

Reefcherie
07/12/2006, 09:50 PM
July 15, 2006 7:00pm] See www.seabay.org for directions.

SEABay Guest Speaker: Fernando Nosratpour]

"Acropora and Flatworm Parasites"

Fernando Nosratpour is an Assistant Aquarium Curator at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps. In the fall of 2003, the Birch Aquarium at Scripps lost two of its large Acropora colonies due to flatworm parasites. Both the Colonies had resided in an Indo-pacific reef tank for over eight years and had spawned a number of times. Fernando will discuss his subsequent investigations into these parasitic flatworms and the techniques used to try to control/eradicate these pests without harming their host(i.e., corals).

We'll have our usual fundraiser and goodies to eat! Hope to see you there!

Reefcherie
07/15/2006, 07:29 AM
The fundraiser tonight will include a full registration (including all sessions, trade show, reception and gala banquet) for MACNA XVIII coming up in Houston, TX 9/22-24 (transportation not included), a used 45-gallon tank and stand, as well as a variety of gift certificates and donated frags!

bluemanta
08/12/2006, 06:35 AM
Hi Reefcherie,

i missed this presentationby Fernando, any chance of getting his presentation slides? Thanks.

Steve

Reefcherie
08/12/2006, 07:15 AM
Hello Steve,

Because Fernando is making this same presentation (with updates) at the MACNA conference in September in Houston, he is not releaseing his presentation at this time. Once the conference is over, however, I'll ask him for his permission.

Hope you can make the September 16th meeting - we've got Dr. Thomas Carefoot speaking about Caribbean Coral Reefs!

Cheri

bluemanta
08/12/2006, 03:33 PM
CHeri,

thanks for the prompt response...so bummed that i missed the last 2 seabay meeetings...see you in Sep!

Steve