PDA

View Full Version : saying hello!

JeRmZ
07/07/2006, 02:56 PM
My name is Jeremy and I live in Spring Hill, otherwise know as "The Hill". I work in Tampa off of Waters ave.

I have a 29gal reef setup and a 12gal JBJ Nano. I have been reefin since May '05 and absolutely love it! I may be selling the JBJ soon so keep your eyes posted!!!

I'm glad I found this page because it's nice to see what other people in the area are doing, and what stores their visiting and the best part .... the stuff for sale!! It's much easier when you have a local forum to buy and sell, because I hate the thought of shipping fish and corals.

It looks like we have a good number of people in the area and that is awesome!

Well take care and see ya around!

adnup
07/07/2006, 04:42 PM
Welcome JeRmZ glad to see new faces in the area!

BankerJohn
07/07/2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome! Joining ANCHOR is easy. Post a request for membership and get a reply... it is that easy! No membership dues, no politics, just Aquarists of the Nature Coast Helping Other Reefers.

Our monthly meetings are usually the first Saturday of each month at one of the members homes. Bring something to share with other members...

Steven M
07/07/2006, 08:49 PM
Welcome, hope to see you at the meetings.

glyle41
07/08/2006, 09:12 PM
always good to have a new person in the area welcome great bunch of people up here

JeRmZ
07/09/2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks everyone. I will look into joining the club .... sounds like it could be fun!

I'm sure for the Spring Hill reefers we have crossed paths at the LFS at one point in time ...

adnup & glyle41 - what LFS do you go to?

BankerJohn
07/09/2006, 12:25 PM
I typically go to Get Tanked on 19 by Outback and the Cleaners

JeRmZ
07/09/2006, 07:06 PM
Yup, Thats the one I go to. I still go to Pet Paradise down 19 before County Line on the left by Friendly's car wash. Unfortunately I think thay have gone downhill, while Get Tanked has dramatically improved since first opening!

Just picked up this little bugger yesterday at Get Tanked.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8325/hawk18jm.jpg

dmbedard
07/10/2006, 11:17 AM
Welcome Jeremy. Nice fish!

Do find time to come to our next reef club meeting. It's fun and good for the tank : )

I believe we are meeting at John's house in Lecanto, but I am sure you can car pool with a local person to Lecanto.

Meanwhile if you need any help with anything, post here : )

Welcome,
Diane

JeRmZ
07/10/2006, 01:39 PM
I will defnitely try, but can't make any promises. I think this forum is Awesome though!!!! And thanks for the warm welcome!

Where exactly is Lecanto?

dmbedard
07/10/2006, 03:01 PM
Lecanto is in-between Crystal River and Inverness in Citrus county. Are you new to the area?

Citrus county is the county N of Hernando where Spring Hill is.

JeRmZ
07/10/2006, 07:01 PM
Not new really, moved to Spring Hill about 2 years ago ... just rarely venture north of here. Most of my time is spent driving back and forth to Tampa where I work!

But now that you say where Lecanto is it rings a bell!! I will definitely try and make it, I bet it's a lot of fun and informative!

Thanks!