PDA

View Full Version : Will be traveling to LA/MS lots

zenn
07/06/2006, 09:07 PM
Hi,

I recently started a job that requires me to travel to Louisiana and Mississippi about every other week. I know the hurricanes probably put a damper on the reef scene down there but I was wondering what you guys could tell me about LFS's/clubs in the area. I'll be in Baton Rouge, NO, GulfPort (MS) area, etc. What LFS's are good? Are there any active clubs?

I tried signing up for a forum called "Louisiana Reefs" (?) but for some reason the registration process never sends me an email so i can't sign on. So i decided to come here and ask. I'm coming from Nebraska where there is basically no reef community...hence my interest in exploring the scene in LA/MS. Any help would would appreciated.

blakeoe
07/07/2006, 06:47 AM
Check out LAReefclub.com im new to the hobby so i don't know too much about clubs. As for LFS Try Coral connection in Metarie There's another really good one not even a mile away from that one i will try to find the name. In Baton Rouge try Mark's Marines. Hobby took a hit after Katrina but is in no way gone! If anything better b/c people had to re stock after losses. I frequent N.O and B.R all the time so if i can help let me know.

pettee86
07/10/2006, 11:37 AM
Zenn - welcome to Louisiana. There are 3 good shops in the Metairie/Kenner area - Coral Connection, Ricks Reef and Aquatic Specialties. All three are nice and each different. Baton Rouge try Something Fishy. There is a very active forum LAREEFCLUB.COM logon, people are very willing to help you out.

zenn
07/15/2006, 02:41 PM
i tried registering at lareefclub.com but it never sends me an email so i can activate my account and log on. And I can't find a way to contact a board admin to ask them to help me out. Does anyone know how I could contact someone from lareefclub.com that could help me out?

TIA

pettee86
07/16/2006, 09:47 AM
Tia - try sending an email to IrishStout or Snausages01, they are mods on the forum.

zenn
07/19/2006, 07:58 PM
could you pm me their email addresses? Because I can't log on to lareefclub.com it won't allow me to look up their email addresses. So i can't email them unless you give it to me.

Snausages01
07/22/2006, 09:03 PM
Send me a PM with your user name that you registered on the site.

doxyman
07/22/2006, 09:37 PM
Definitely check out the 3 mentioned in N.O. and in Baton Rouge the only one to visit would be Mark's Marine. Something Fishy was a really nice shop but from what I hear recently closed.