PDA

View Full Version : what I owe

coachgail
05/19/2002, 08:16 PM
Since I tend to be, ahem, VERY forgetful with names, I will post a few pictures of the corals I can frag, and those I owe, let me know what you want. If anyone wants anything else, let me know for next meeting as I want to frag a while in advance.

I included a picture of the human eating Sailfin that is determined I am either edible or sexy...

coachgail
05/19/2002, 08:19 PM
yellow leater 2 months ago when first got. Ideas on fragging and not destroying the form would be appreciated

BORECKI
05/19/2002, 10:34 PM
Now I see that your tank is Hawiian and not from the Red Sea!
I only gave you a cup'o'dirt (Jim Bruer:cool: ) at the meeting but if you'll be kind enough, I'll tke a frag'o'yellow.
Boris.

coachgail
05/20/2002, 11:36 AM
It is Hawaiian? OMG...see how much I know. This is all the stuff I bought used. The 58 is the same..a patchwork of what I have, but the live rock is much, much nicer.
Gail
I will happily frag the yellow once I get the nerve up for it. It is one of my favorites

EdBurhop
05/22/2002, 11:27 PM
I would love a frag of the yellow in addition to the silver gorgonian next month.

Check out www.garf.com for info on fragging. They say you just cut the leather apart as you want and glue to a rock. Pretty simple. I do not know how you would frag it without hurting the form in the short term.

Ed

jimroth
05/23/2002, 08:15 PM
Gail, IME, with the yellow leather you can't cut too small or the frag will just rot rather than grow. I found that about 1" squares is a good size, if you go much smaller it doesn't work. For me.

ATLANTIS
05/23/2002, 08:24 PM
Gail,
I have had plenty of success with leather fragging.
check out this link to lots of soft coral propagation techniques.

http://www.atlantisaquatic.com/prop.html#06Soft_Corals

coachgail
05/23/2002, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys. I will be cutting my baby tomorrow. Only 2-3 frags at most this time. I am fitst going to switch it to the 180 tonight cause the 58 is having problems.