PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Clear is selling SPS

Finman
05/18/2002, 05:34 PM
I was in Cystal Clear in Norman on Thursday and they had quite a selection of sps. After I picked myself off the floor I ask when they started bringing in sps. She said this was the second week and that they were selling really well.

So all you sps reefers out there now have another place to shop, at least for now.

Kyle McClain
05/19/2002, 03:06 PM
ostatesman first picks hiself up off the floor then asks what the prices were like ? And were they keeping them under the correct lighting ?

Finman
05/19/2002, 05:02 PM
Well I'm not an expert on sps pricing but the prices seemed pretty good, like most of the stuff they sell. The tank that they have them in does have some power compacts on it for lighting.

Reefer33
05/20/2002, 08:46 AM
Each frag runs between $25 and $30, and they are going to continue to carry SPS, but they don't want to keep them in their tanks too long, so be sure to buy them up fast!

VCoo71
05/20/2002, 08:51 AM
im new here but wanted to spread te word
Yes finally they started to order in SPS corals(i beleve the orders come in on thursday) and they have been getting some very nice sized smal colonys 3-4 inch for 25 a peice very good prices and most did have commensal crabs living in them i was in last friday and just had to take another one home a green acro millepora?possiably a samosa? with red tips but there were still 6-8 diffrent ones left and at 25 a peice thats had to beat
they were under PCs and look good but i noticed the ones that have ben there a few weeks look a little sad so i hope that some people with halides will give these corals a good home
just wanted to spread the word
charlie in norman

Don Davis
05/21/2002, 07:46 PM
Hello Charlie, Welcome to Reef Central.

Don

gregt
05/22/2002, 07:24 PM
VCoo71,

[welcome]

ReeferKeith
05/22/2002, 11:02 PM
I know this is off topic but.....How much is the live rock at the various LFS's in OKC. Here in Tulsa the cheapest is 9$ a pound:eek: Thanks and sorry to get off topic.

Don Davis
05/23/2002, 07:05 AM
ReeferKeith, it usually goes for $7-10 per pound depending on where it's from and how much life is on it. I have seen it as high as $12 a pound at certain stores. If you get to know the owners of a store pretty good you can get it for around $5.

Don

Ozzy
05/24/2002, 07:09 PM
Hey ReeferKeith
have ya checked out the BixbyFishery ?
I think he is alot cheaper than A.D
ozzy

jonah
05/24/2002, 10:01 PM
I paid $6.95+tax a pound for Figi last Saturday at an OKC lfs. Then I ordered 45lbs of Figi online for $195 delivered. That's about $4.33 a pound and the rocks were actually better from the online shop. They arrived today and I was seriously happy with the condition and shapes. They also didn't smell bad when I opened the box.

I still prefer buying livestock at the lfs, but I'm definitly buying liverock online again.

PetVet in MWC had a sale for $5 a pound a few weeks ago, but I never got out there to check them out. I think they're 1/3rd off corals this week if anyone's interested. I'm going to get out there tomorrow to look around.

SeanF
05/24/2002, 11:33 PM
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. We(Pet Vet) are getting ready to make a coral order and was wondering if anyone had anything in particular that they had been looking for. Are you still looking for some fire shrimp Don?

Don Davis
05/24/2002, 11:40 PM
Sean, Yes I am still looking for a fireshrimp. Let me know when one comes in.

Thanks,
Don

VCoo71
05/25/2002, 10:42 AM
sean from pet vet
i was wondering about what corals you usually oder in do you carry any SPS corals
im really looking for any table acroporas or bottle brush acros
if you can get these ? and if so what would prices be like
im in norman and dont realy see many SPS corals for sale here or in the city either so let m know what you can get and ill have to come up and see your store
thanks for the info
charlie