PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

waterfaller1
06/28/2006, 02:25 AM
I wanted to Welcome you to Reef Central.{this is a new forum correct?} I have seen your posts on the fairy wrasse threads, and enjoyed your obvious knowledge and photos of them.:cool:

H.Tanaka
06/28/2006, 03:02 AM
Dear waterfaller1,

Many thanks for your kind invitation and yes, I hope to have my own thread on fairies but now Bronco has a very nice thread of the genus. Someday I will have on the new species / undetermined specimens of Cirrhilabrus.

Now I have one on flasher wrasses (Paracheilinus) shown as "Let Them Flash !", and sometimes I will post something new from now.

Thank you again.

All The Best, Hiroyuki

waterfaller1
06/28/2006, 04:23 AM
I just read that you are also knowledgable on angels. My most interest is with the multibarred angel~Centropyge multifasciatus . Are you familiar with them? What can you share about them? I keep a female bellus angel, she is a treasure. I am awaiting the arrival of a male Bellus next week, which I am very excited about. I wish some day to have a nice big tank with some fairy wrasses. The most beautiful fish I have ever seen was a supermale Rubrimarginatus. It had every color of the rainbow on it. I am interested to know..I have used the term "supermale" for awhile when referring to certain wrasses and anthias. Am I correct in that a dominant male takes on more color than the subordinate males? Or does age/location play more of a role with these fish?

snorvich
07/04/2006, 03:42 PM
Hiroyuki,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us who like fairy and flasher wrasses and angelfish.

I notice that all pictures of C. rubrimarginatus (that I can find) show this animal with a red tail. I have one with a blue tail. Do you know if this is normal or uncommon.

It would be nice to have you start a new thread on rare/uncommon fairy and flasher wrasses which describes their incidence location, behaviors, and and any usual characteristics.

I have never heard discussion of breeding these animals. Do you have knowledge of anyone who is attempting this?