PDA

View Full Version : Xenia on glass

shoddyk
06/27/2006, 03:12 PM
I have come across a few pictures of tanks with Xenia growing on the back and side walls of tanks and I am wondering how to get mine to stick to the glass. Does the Xenia just spread off the rocks onto the glass or are the frag's glued on the glass?

spence0416
06/27/2006, 03:13 PM
Put a frag next to the glass and they will spread to the glass. They seem to like rocks better so if there is a rock nearby that might be where they end up.

shoddyk
06/27/2006, 04:02 PM
I bought a frag 4 months ago that was mounted on a disk and attached it to the top of a rock. The Xenia has multiplied from 1 stalk to about 8 small stalks that are all on a 2" disk. The Xenia is starting to move it's way down the rock because it cannot go higher being that it is already as high as it can go. I am going to try and place it next to the glass and see what happens.

David Grigor
06/27/2006, 04:59 PM
Xenia always like to spread towards the light, so just put a piece of rock with the xenia on it against the glass and it will quickly spread upward.

ziggy222
06/27/2006, 11:24 PM
if its stalk touches the glass for more than a cpl days it'll attach then you can cut the stalk in half and the stump will regrow in a cpl wks

shoddyk
06/28/2006, 01:30 AM
I fragged my Xenia today and made 10 different stalks attached to a large rock that is on and upward slope halfway up the tank. I also leaned a few of the originall stalks against the back of the glass to see if they stick.

shoddyk
06/28/2006, 11:24 AM
All the frag's I cut yesterday are already open and pulsing. Looks like everyone is going to make it.:)