PDA

View Full Version : Masna 2006 Photo Contest

Aquatic Aquaman
06/27/2006, 07:13 AM
The Marine Aquarium Societies of North America, Inc. (MASNA) is proud to be sponsoring its Photo Contest for a second year!

The contest includes the following four categories and is being judged by four internationally recognized marine aquarium authors and experts including:

Coral – Eric Borneman

Marine Fish - Scott Michael

Marine Invertebrates - Daniel Knop

Marine Macro Images - Anthony Calfo

Not only will your entries be judged by these distinguished experts, but each winner (three from each category) will be awarded a cash prize as well as have their winning photograph and their name included in the 2007 MASNA Calendar on sale at MACNA XVIII this September.

The cash prizes for each category will be:

1st Place - $100

2nd Place - $50

3rd Place - $25

The deadline for submitting your entries is July 26th, 2006

All those who are either a current MASNA Individual member or a current member of a current MASNA Club can enter the contest for free!

For all of you that are in the club and are interested in submitting their pictures for the contest please submit them to me at webadmin@TracCentral.org and I will enter them into the contest for you.

Fish E
06/27/2006, 10:42 AM
Cool! Maybe we could go to the zoo and ask Brad if we could get into one of the tanks to take some photos!

Aquatic Aquaman
06/27/2006, 11:18 AM
Brad might want to take some of his own photos from the Zoo tanks and have them submitted. Since most of the coral in those tanks seem to have came from his old home tank. I got some photos I took at the Zoo when we were there to try and submit.

AnnArborBuck
06/27/2006, 09:49 PM
I would think that a picture of the octopus from the zoo would be killer. That thing was the coolest ever.

Aquatic Aquaman
07/14/2006, 01:43 PM
The deadline on this is coming up quickly if anyone wants there pictures submitted.

Aquatic Aquaman
07/28/2006, 08:35 AM
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

The DEADLINE for the PHOTO CONTEST has been EXTENDED! Submissions will be accepted through Monday July 31, 2006, so if you just haven't had time to pick that PERFECT PHOTO to submit, you have time now! Remember, there are also cash prizes for the top 3 entries in each of the 4 categories in addition to having your awesome photo(s) published in our 2007 calendar!

Go to www.MASNA.org for more information on the contest and how to submit your photo.

jenghes
07/28/2006, 08:37 AM
Already submitted my pics. I am at my 10 pic limit! The delivery confirmation shows that they have received it already.

Aquatic Aquaman
07/28/2006, 08:46 AM
Sweet deal Jen and good luck hopefully your picture will be in one of those calendars we're ordering.

jenghes
07/28/2006, 09:15 AM
We'll see.... My photo taking skills are no where near as good as some. I blame my crappy camera ;) Don't know unless I try though~

If one of my photo's win, I just may be a calendar hog!

Aquatic Aquaman
07/28/2006, 09:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7831378#post7831378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
We'll see.... My photo taking skills are no where near as good as some. I blame my crappy camera ;) Don't know unless I try though~

If one of my photo's win, I just may be a calendar hog!

You'll use all your earnings to buy up all the calendars! ;)