PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody a machinest or have shop tools?

BORECKI
05/17/2002, 04:11 PM
This afternoon I stoped by a C&C machine shop and was quoted a steep price for a part.
I'm looking for some leads to somebody that can work in black delron.
Boris.

Lago
05/17/2002, 08:58 PM
Boris...My father is a retired machinist who still has a lathe, milling machine, drill press, etc. in his basement. He can make ANYTHING it's amazing. I don't know what black delron is however. What kind of material is it and what kind of work do you need done? Maybe we can work out a trade.

--Lago

BORECKI
05/18/2002, 08:40 AM
Black delron is a plastic that is used for bearing surfaces. It is less brittle than nylon and stiffer then teflon.
It can be made into valve bodies. I want to make a 6-way water distributor.

?? If I provide the plastic how or where can we meet to set up a deal?
Boris.

Lago
05/18/2002, 09:25 AM
Do you also have the plans/drawings? Could you e-mail them to me so I can show my Dad? I live in Hunterdon County and work in Somerville. We can meet at lunch time, after work, or if necessary on the weekend. I'm pretty flexible however I do have a 14 day old daughter at home. I would not want any specimens for a long time as I have just setup my tank and it has not even cycled yet. I want to wait quite a while before I put any coral in...maybe a year. BUT...hopefully we can take care of your part ASAP. Let me know.

--Lago

Rovert
05/18/2002, 12:19 PM
Boris, I might be able to help. I own a desktop CNC machine, and can CAD out the part. I'll Email you offline, so we can figure out if I can get you where you need to be.

BORECKI
05/18/2002, 12:44 PM
LAGO Fourteen day old daughter! Congrats:celeb1: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: I have a sixteen year old daughter:eek2: :wildone: :crazy1: :eek1: :twitch:
I'll talk to Rovert this Sunday first. Do you have a # I can FAX the drawings?
Rovert Desk top CNC? Can it handle a six inch diameter slug? I'll see you tomorrow.
Boris.

Lago
05/18/2002, 02:38 PM
If Rovert can't help you let me know Monday and I'll find my fax number.