PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 75 gallon

cj7jeep81
05/16/2002, 03:39 PM
I have a 75 gallon tank that I would love to convert to a reef tank, but really can't. One I don't have the money for the lights and I don't have room for a sump. I currently have a FilStar canister filter on it, and a cheap Skilter (power filter, skimmer combo sold by LFS as a wonderful product :rolleye1: ). I plan on getting an Aqua C Remora Pro Hang on at some point. I am also getting ready to purchase about 90 pounds of Fiji rock to put in. I currently have about a 3-4" sand bed. My only inhabitants are a Singapore Angel, a coral beauty angel, and a Valentini puffer. I plan on getting rid of the Singapore (very aggressive to new tank mates). The only fish I definitely want to keep is the puffer. What kind of fish would be well suited for this environment? I would like to get a bubble tipped anenome and a pair of clown fish also. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mst_RoadRash
05/16/2002, 04:05 PM
Anemones need very strong lighting. Pretty much the same kind of lighting a reef tank would need. They also require VERY clean water.

As far as other fish go? I would say something like Cardinals, PERHAPS one of the Zebramosa tangs (smaller ones like Yellow or Purple).

Some of the Solider Fish would be good. If it's a LONG tank 6' a fox face rabbit would be ok with the puffer.

Basically you want something that's not necessarily aggresive but also not really too shy. The clowns would be a good choice with, or without the anemone.

daveR

cj7jeep81
05/16/2002, 04:08 PM
OK, I was hoping for anenomes, but they are probably out. I have 2 55 W power compact lights on my 4' tank. Thanks for the other recommendations though.

purpletanglvr
05/16/2002, 10:50 PM
yeah your lighting would hold you back on anemones.....i would say in a 75 gallon you could put 1 tang in it, like already mentioned a small yellow or purple.....i have a sailfin in my 72 bowfront. cheaper than the purple, not much more than a yellow. he is pretty well behaved. you could also go with banggai cardinal, they are pretty cool and you can find some good sized ones if you look hard enough.....tomato clown or gold stripe maroon would be nice also....