PDA

View Full Version : How much flow for my colts?

vessxpress1
06/22/2006, 09:42 PM
I've got 2 good sized colts mounted on the same rock that have expanded and attached to other rocks. They've been doing great for months but then the tops of them started getting lighter. Now the top half's of them are bleached. They've been in very light flow the whole time. Basically just the flow falling in the tank from my hang on filter. Very light flow over all. I just put a maxi jet 900 in and pointed it at them from the corner of the tank so now they're in high flow. They closed up and it blew a chunk of dead section off of one of them. It's probably too much flow but I'm leaving it on them for now.
What's a good permanent flow for these?

By the way, I think a mushroom that I ripped out was causing the irritation to them.

jessiesgrrl
06/24/2006, 10:46 AM
Yikes! Poor colt! Gotta hate it when part of you falls off... Here's to never having leprosy... :beer:

Mine is in moderate light under PC 71K and actinic, and florescent coralife 10k and 50/50. It's also in moderate flow and seems to dig it there.

Hope this helps
Laurie

vessxpress1
06/24/2006, 09:32 PM
I think they're starting to come back a little bit now. After I removed the mushroom, I've been target feeding them once in a while and they're definately looking fuller and taller. They also look to be getting their brown color back a little. I'm hoping the target feeding can do the trick and bring them back.

The tank needed a water change bad which I did today and I have a better skimmer. We'll see what happens.