PDA

View Full Version : Local Asian Market?

Exocet
05/15/2002, 03:54 PM
I want to check out a local Asian market for dried seeweed and such. Anyone know of any good ones, preferably in the South Denver/Littleton area?

bradwent
05/15/2002, 07:52 PM
I had a Korean roomate when I lived in South metro area and he visited a lot of asian markets and the ones he took me to were:

A store called Oriental Market in Aurora off of Iliff/Chambers or Iliff/Buckley, I forget which.

There is also an Asian dominant (Restaurants, market) strip mall on the West side of Federal, I believe somewhere South of 6th, been awhile for me.

Jerry Gonzales
05/15/2002, 10:09 PM
I go to the one by my old house. It is on alameda and zuni st. Zuni is about six blocks E of Federal blvd. There is two big asian markets there. I like getting the Inari at the store farther back in the parking lot. And I like getting my seafood goodies from the other one. If you feed your tank shrimp, you will like the selecton there. They have the whole shrimp( not skinned or gutted):) Jerry

Exocet
05/16/2002, 12:14 AM
Jerry,
I went to both of those today. :) Kind of hard to find things, not reading the language and all.

Anyways, what dried seewead do you usually buy? I picked up some Nori, and some dried whole kelp leaves. They soak back up with water in about five minutes, and make nice plump leaves. The only thing I noticed, was the kelp leaves were loaded with Salt, 280mg per serving. Now, granted, a serving was 1/3 of the bag. But the Nori listed Sodium at 0 mg. After soaking the kelp leaves in water, I tasted it, and it didnt seem salty to me, but it did when it was dry.

Jerry Gonzales
05/16/2002, 07:06 PM
I use the Nagai's roasted seaweed SUSHI NORI 10 sheets for $1.99. It has no sodium, sugars, or fat. I have been using it for quite a while and my fish love it. It is 100% seaweed. I have tried different brands, including dried seaweed. But I found this one to be the best for me:) The ones that are not roasted tend to fall apart to quick for me. Jerry

SeaMatt Nematocyt
05/16/2002, 09:59 PM
Basically Federal and Alameda area holds alot of asian shops. NW corner of Alameda and Federal.

Exocet
05/17/2002, 10:12 AM
Yea, I did pick up some Nori. The fish love it. I've found the best way to feed it to avoid it breaking up, is to wet it, and then roll as tight as you can. FWIW.