PDA

View Full Version : How about a JULY Panhandle Reef Club Meeting?? Respond here.

Mr James
06/19/2006, 09:16 PM
We could call ourselves the PMRC (remember the old days of Hilary Clinton wanting warning labels on music cd's??). PMRC = Panhandle Marine Reef Club. Pretty catchy huh?? I patted myself on the back already!!

What name would you like to see??

EDIT: Remember, spread the word. If you see a person posting and their location says Pensecola, crestview, FWB or somewhere in between, invite them. Send them a link to this thread. That's how I told all of you about the past meeting!!

July's meeting. I will host again unless someone else wants a turn. If we make it later in the month, it would give us all time to get our tanks ready with some frags to trade, myself included!! I think we should have a topic, or we could talk about the hosts tank specifically, similar to what we did with mine. Or we could do another meet-n-greet. What say you??

EDIT: Almost forgot. I ordered some Cheato from that guy I told you about. Before I divide it up, let me see how much I am actually going to get and then go from there. He is sending me 2 gallons worth.

hooker18
06/19/2006, 09:59 PM
i went back and looked at that cheato last night and I will get some from you at the next meeting if you have enought to divide.

i think we might need to do a bit of a meet and greet for a short time and then get to a topic after new people are introduced. and I am all for having at least one more meeting at your house. I know I am not prepared to have one here at my place.

also lets see if we can get some people to bring pics of their tank.

Mr James
06/19/2006, 10:09 PM
Sounds good Johnny!! It is Johnny right?? What was your friends name again?? You two are doing DIY stuff that I always wanted to try. I agree on another meet-n-greet. All three frags are open and loving life in my empty tank. I need to make another road trip to P'cola to get some more corals. I have also been eyeballing the frag packs in the for sale forums.

SueQ
06/20/2006, 09:42 AM
I'm up for a July meeting James!

hooker18
06/21/2006, 10:53 PM
yep it's johnny. and sue i hope to see you there this time.

lizfrog007
06/24/2006, 10:09 AM
yes , i am up for another meet.....the last part of july would be great, as i am having a baby on the 13th.....lol.....great granddaughter and will be out of town for at least a week....look forward to seeing you all again....and to meet new people....

liz

FatTony
06/24/2006, 04:25 PM
July meeting sounds great. I'll try to have some pics of all my DIY stuff, including the auto top-off system I just finished for a grand total of 17 dollars :D

IslandCrow
06/24/2006, 05:55 PM
Hey, Mr James, I just got your PM. I've been wondering if there was a reef club in the area. I'd love to get involved, just let me know when and where. It sounds like you're actually up in my neck of the woods. I don't have much for frags at the moment, though I did try my hand at my cabbage leather and brown mushrooms, so I have a small rock of each of those that have attached and are looking pretty good. I also have some pulsing xenia that's about trippled in size in the last month and a half, so I'm sure I'll be fragging the hell out of that before too long. And if nothing else, it'll be good to meet some fellow reef addicts in the area.

-Mike Chavannes

Mr James
06/24/2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Mike, I hope you can indeed make it. There are a few other guys from the USAF that attend. Don't worry about frags at the moment, eveeyone is working on frags including myself. Do you run a refugium by chance?? I have lots of extra Cheato from a pile I bought on line. Let me know. I also want to hear about your T-5's and how you like them.

We will go ahead and just have it at my house again. Let's make it for July 29th, from 10:00 a.m. - Noon. My address is 105 Mill Stone Cove. PM me for phone number if you need additional directions or whatever. Take 85 to John King Rd (go east), three streets down on left is Old Mill Way, (turn left), go down till it dead ends and turn right onto Mill Stone Cove, my house is the third on the left, ( I have one of those weird driveways that is really steep.)

Hey folks, we will have another meet and greet and maybe just talk about problems we are having and such. If you have any iodeas for future meetings and want to share, bring it up at the meeting. I have some recipe's from either Randy Holmes Farley or one of the other guys, to make your own two part additive. Apparently, you can do it for under $20 per person.

Mr James
06/28/2006, 06:17 AM
TTT

IslandCrow
06/28/2006, 11:20 PM
I don't currently run a refugium, and probably won't be starting one up anytime soon. I'd be more than happy to talk about my T-5s. I really like them, and the savings in electricity are an added bonus. The 29th should work just fine for me. Also, if there are any places around here to get the ingredients for Randy's 2-part, that'd be great to share. I've been wanting to try that out, and I may have found a good online place or two, but de-icer isn't exactly easy to find in Florida (though there was a guy who found something at a pool place that's supposedly the same stuff).

SueQ
06/29/2006, 03:50 PM
Hey. Does anyone have any frags that they want to bring to the meeting like last time?

IslandCrow
06/29/2006, 10:09 PM
If anyone's interested in some fairly boring brown mushrooms, cabbage leather or pulsing xenia (pom pom I believe), I have frags of each that are all doing quite well. I wouldn't want anything in return. I just fragged them for the practice before trying my hand at anything more complicated. I picked up some pretty cool ricordia while I was up in Atlanta last weekend, but I'll definitely be letting those grow for awhile before I try fragging them.

Mr James
06/29/2006, 10:13 PM
Oh man, wait till you guys see what I scored yesterday!! You'll have to come to the meeting to see. Two corals with a street value of up around $90ish dollars or so. I think one of them is Montipora Confusa.

I may frag up my Galaxia a little bit if anyone has something for trade.

We need to get GrndHog and his friend to come. His buddy has a really nice 120ish tank and full of sweeet corals. Would mind trading with him!!

lizfrog007
06/30/2006, 01:19 AM
islandcrow......i have plenty of mushrooms...but i would love some leather and xenia.........please put me at the top of the list....thanks.....

liz

SueQ
06/30/2006, 08:32 AM
islandcrow-please put me behing lizfrog for some pulsing xenia:)

hooker18
06/30/2006, 06:26 PM
ok who wants some kenya trees? the pet stores are only gonna give me like $5 each so i'd rather just share with people at the meeting. (share=FREE) also have a single giant sun zoa polyp but i would need a nice trade for that they are hard to come by and very slow growers so far. post if you want me to bring you a kenya tree.

lizfrog007
06/30/2006, 06:29 PM
ok, i will like a kenya tree.....thanks liz....

IslandCrow
06/30/2006, 11:11 PM
OK, xenia for everyone. I only have one frag currently, but at the rate it's growing, I may actually be able to accomodate. That stuff sure heals fast too. Within 24 hours, it was attached to the frag plug and pulsing away.

SueQ
07/01/2006, 07:47 AM
Hooker-I'll take a kenya tree:) I also have some extra chaeto if anyone needs some.

hooker18
07/01/2006, 08:26 AM
ill take a small bag of chaeto.

Mr James
07/01/2006, 08:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7663169#post7663169 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hooker18
ill take a small bag of chaeto.

From me?? or someone else??

Mr James
07/05/2006, 06:18 AM
I'm going to break up pieces of my Galaxia if anyone is interested in trades??

FatTony
07/05/2006, 03:55 PM
Mr James, I would love to trade for some Galaxia. I have a Percula Clown that may make a good mate for the lonely single that Johnny traded you. He is in good health now, but he won't host in my RBTA because it is too small. I think he would be much happier in your 180.

Mr James
07/06/2006, 07:37 PM
Tony, is your Percula the same as Johnny's?? If so, I'll do that. I'll give you half of my Galaxia, I'll break it in half. Do you want to do it before the meeting or at the meeting??

SueQ
07/19/2006, 08:34 PM
Hey James! Everything still a go for this meeting? :p

Mr James
07/19/2006, 09:41 PM
Yes indeedy!! I have my new calcium reactor and hope to have it set up by this weekend.

TheGriffin
07/20/2006, 08:40 AM
I'll try and come down there for the meeting. I might even be able to round up a few frags to trade. It will be slim pickings though because I'm fixing to vandalize my 46 at work to start stocking my 120 at home that is currently cycling. Its funny that you live in the Bever Creek subdivision. When we lived in the View we built our house there in the Cades Cove Cul-de-sac (first on left). It was one of the first houses in there back around 91. Does Jon Bryan (a geologist that use to teach at OWCC) still live down there? Anyway, hope I can make it.:strooper:

Mr James
07/20/2006, 10:49 PM
Hey Griff, nice to meet you and hope you can make it. Small world huh?? I live next door to a Bryan family, but he is the manager at Publix. Bring some frags if you want, I may have a few to trade as well.

SueQ
07/21/2006, 10:07 PM
OK, so I don't have any frags to trade... But, if anyone is interested I do have a red mithrax crab I'm willing to bring and trade. I just got her about 1 month ago, she has already molted twice and is now about 1.25" carapace width. The one problem I have with her is she is definately NOT reef safe! So, I highly suggest that if anyone wants her she either go in the sump/fuge or FOWLR type setup. She especially likes yellow gorgonians :eek:
Also might have a tuxedo sea urchin.
LMK if anyone is interested and I'll bag things up and bring them to James house for the meeting:)

Mr James
07/23/2006, 08:12 AM
I'll take both!! You do have a Tuxedo, is that correct?? Tux will go up top and Mithrax will go down low. I have some frags and other things for trade or if you want $$.

SueQ
07/23/2006, 06:09 PM
Here, check it out for yourself. He told me it was a tux, but it looks more like a LS.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/suzq21/IMGP3142.jpg
I'm going to keep one of them for now, but I'll bag the other one up as wel as the mithrax and bring them, along with whatever else I can manage. The crab did a number on the frags I was planning on bringing and the one healthy yellow gorgonian frag I have left I'm trading for the sump. I'll have more in the future when the mother gorg. has settled in;)
We'll talk trading when I get there:strooper:

Mr James
07/23/2006, 09:04 PM
Who told you it was a tuxedo?? Please don't say that place in Pace?? When I was there, they had a pair of Wrasses they were selling as Anthias. I informed him that they may have mislabled it. He said they would check into it. Yup, that's deffinitely a Long Spine. You could raise Bangaii (sp) Cardinals with those things. Cool!!

TheGriffin
07/26/2006, 09:22 AM
I can bring some frags if people are intrested in trading. Look at my gallery pictures for some ideals of what I have. I have lots of mushrooms including blue, red, blueish-pruple, green hairy, green fuzzy, and a few green ricordia. I have some green zoa, purple monti cap, orange monti cap, pulsing xina. I maybe could trade some of my green&lavander polyps if you have someting special (otherwise I'm trying to save it to stock my 110 at home). If you see anything just pm me what you have and we can work it out.

Mr James
07/26/2006, 11:32 PM
Griff - Bring some of your purplr and orange monti caps. I have some stuff I will trade you. I have some candy cane, galaxia, lots of Kenya Tree. I'm losing the battle with my prized red encrusting monti, it needs a home with a calcium rector. Mine won't be up and running until this weekend. I may trade him off if you promise to trade a piece back to me later.

TheGriffin
07/27/2006, 07:27 AM
I'll bring some for you James. I know Brett and I have a few trades already planned so I will be bringing a bunch of stuff. I'll also try and bring an assortment of the mushrooms. They will mostly be unnattached but we can go over how to reattach them. Some of them will be big so maybe we can do a slice&dice demo for the newer folks and give them a project to take home. :strooper:

hooker18
07/27/2006, 10:36 PM
ill be at the meeting for sure. i have to fly friday night so i may not be too talkative(sp?) so don't be offended im just gonna be tired. i got 3 people so far that said they want a tree anyone else want in?

Mr James
07/27/2006, 11:08 PM
Fly?? What do you mean??

FatTony
07/28/2006, 12:36 PM
He may or may not be flying on an unknown aircraft at an unknown time between now and the meeting, so he may or may not get much sleep before tomorrow. I hope that's specific enough to answer your question... ;)

lizfrog007
07/28/2006, 05:30 PM
hey mr james....i will bring a bag of cookies or something to help with the refreshments......anybody got any request.....lol

or if you need something else....just hollar....

liz

hooker18
07/28/2006, 05:49 PM
lol nice reply tony. but the flight is off for tonight so i will get to sleep plenty. tony i'll be at your place about 9. liz cookies sound great. james you need me to bring anything?

Mr James
07/28/2006, 06:35 PM
I am going to have soda. Maybe you could bring some chips and dip or something along those lines?!? I like Rold Gold pretzels:)

Heads up everyone, Pets Plus has FLATWORMS!! I thought about picking up a coral, but the tank it was in was covered in them. I don't know how to effectively treat for flatworms (FWE??), so I'll hold off on buying anything from them.

Mr James
07/29/2006, 11:29 PM
Mods, if you want to un-sticky this and let it pass into the depths, that would be fine!! The meeting has passed.