PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these??

Jester75
06/18/2006, 09:48 AM
Has anyone ever looked at these (http://www.idec.com/usen/products/Catalogs/SmartRelay/SmartRelayCategory.html) for reef automation?? I have heard good things about them and the price is pretty cheap. (around 80 bucks for one without the display.) And they are also expandable. What are your thoughts?

Jester75
07/01/2006, 01:14 PM
Nothin?

marm64
07/03/2006, 10:24 PM
I have used the Siemens Logo! and also the Zelio smart relay and this looks similar. They work quite well the only problem that I have is that there is twice as many inputs as outputs.

Jester75
07/05/2006, 07:42 PM
How do those compare price wise? These are running about 80 without the lcd display and 4 outputs and 8 inputs if I'm not mistaken.

marm64
07/05/2006, 11:04 PM
I have always bought mine from surplus or off of Ebay so I am not sure of the new price. I like the Siemens Logo! software the best, they actually charge for the software, I guess that I would look into the logic and see how you like it. I think that for 4 output you can not hardly go wrong. The Siemens you can get expansion modules and they have a built in clock.

Mr.Biggs
08/23/2006, 06:29 PM
What do you plan on automating with it?
Looks pretty limited in size and ability for total automation.

marm64
08/24/2006, 12:18 AM
I use mine for controlling the lights and am working on adding a temperature controller so I can use it to control my heaters and also to input to the controller so I can turn on fans and turn off the lights in extreme conditions. I also want to add the abality to control my pumps for feeding or water changes and other things as I come upon them. I also like the chalange of programming and DIY.